Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG:Stronghold Server

Lightbulb 
For those who dont know:

F2S: Stronghold is a Deathmatch gamemode where you have the ability to construct fortifications/strongholds to defend yourself and your team as you earn money killing the opposing players. You can create teams, change your loadout on the fly, send and receive money to purchase new weapons, weapon attachments and equipment, switch between public and team voice channels, and wear hats!

stronghold is an insanely fun gamemode, building sick bases and preparing to get raided by players then fighting off raids as well as participating on raiding bases is insanely fun. Even when your base is completely raided it doesnt feel like a loss, it just means go build a new one and raid those who raided you. The deathmatch gameplay and the bases would fit so well with frg's inventory system and honestly i would 100% rather play it over ttt and i know many people who would agree.

Boss rush, zombie survival, and Prison break sadly failed but that is in part due to the gamemodes and due to the community in some cases, f2s stronghold is a full on deathmatch with building i dont think that it would fail

Here is a very old video on this very fun gamemode.

Now while I'm not sure I'd like this gamemode in particular I do feel that our inv system is SUPER deathmatch friendly so any deathmatch gamemode could work really well.
Find

I like this gamemode and with brass behind it im sure he could make it pvpve with random mob ai and reasons for people to fight over them.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

Just let everyone use their current inventory in stronghold and have playtime rewards. I'd play some stronghold if FRG stronghold was a thing, I used to play it a lot when more stronghold servers were around. It would also give our playerbase a venue to go sweat everywhere there.
Find

No stronghold server has lasted the test of time, it's just a little distraction on the side to go to every now and then. A FRG Inventory stronghold would just be a waste and honestly sounds really boring if you have any good snipers, you'd win almost every fight like most snipers in stronghold did.
Find

If the game mode isn't currently popular on gmod, why would a random server popping up for it change that?

Because it all depends on how the content is on the gamemode, some good updates can fix a "dead" gamemode
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

(04-14-2020, 04:49 AM)Link Wrote:  Because it all depends on how the content is on the gamemode, some good updates can fix a "dead" gamemode

Yeah, if that's the case why did ZS and Boss Rush flop then? Stronghold won't last and it would be just considered a waste of time for Brass's already busy enough schedule.

(04-14-2020, 04:35 PM)Eclipse Wrote:  
(04-14-2020, 04:49 AM)Link Wrote:  Because it all depends on how the content is on the gamemode, some good updates can fix a "dead" gamemode

Yeah, if that's the case why did ZS and Boss Rush flop then? Stronghold won't last and it would be just considered a waste of time for Brass's already busy enough schedule.

Boss rush wasn't really a flop, more of introduced at the wrong time as there weren't many consistent players on every day. However many people today wish to see it return. As for ZS well you can blame the fact that not many people knew how to play the gamemode well and the fact that ZS doesn't really fit with our inventory system. As somebody said above (cant remember who) our inventory system is near perfect for a deathmatch setting and stronghold is the perfect fit for it. It wont bring in many new players but it will give all us current and older players something to enjoy while we wait for other major content updates, in addition to being relatively easy to make as all Brass would have to do is change one of the TTT servers over to a stronghold one. Super simple gamemode, really fun, I would love to see this implemented.
Find

(04-14-2020, 04:35 PM)Eclipse Wrote:  

Boss rush was super fun and a lot of people want it back.