Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gmod Stops Responding on Startup

So I've only just started having this issue and I tried steam Forums to no avail.

I start Gmod up and on the splashscreen it stops responding (The bright blue background and loading bar in the bottom right the first thing you see on start)

I tried verifying cache, I deleted useless addons, still broken.

I deleted Gmod completely and re-downloaded, still crashes. Did the Gmod update break my Gmod as well as the server? There are no other reports of the update also breaking everyone's Gmod altogether.
Find

are you logged in on game tracker on you computer, cuz i had this same problem and it was because when i installed gt i could not load gmod when logged it
Find

(03-14-2015, 08:25 PM)Derp-A-Doodle-Doo Wrote:  are you logged in on game tracker on you computer, cuz i had this same problem and it was because when i installed gt i could not load gmod when logged it

I don't even have game tracker.
Find

GMOD broke a lot of things.

What OS are you on?
Find

(03-14-2015, 09:19 PM)Brassx Wrote:  GMOD broke a lot of things.

What OS are you on?

Windows 8.1
Find

Do you happen to have csgo? The reason I ask is because when playing csgo I got a weird error and then tried to restart csgo and could never get it to work again. I then found out one of my two ram sticks was the issue so I tried gmod to see what would happen. It would start up and take me to the main menu but I couldn't click anything inside it. I removed one of my ram sticks and both csgo and gmod worked. Its most likely not your RAM but hey its worth trying.

EDIT: If all else fails try deleting steam entirely and reinstalling.
Find

(03-15-2015, 06:42 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  Do you happen to have csgo? The reason I ask is because when playing csgo I got a weird error and then tried to restart csgo and could never get it to work again. I then found out one of my two ram sticks was the issue so I tried gmod to see what would happen. It would start up and take me to the main menu but I couldn't click anything inside it. I removed one of my ram sticks and both csgo and gmod worked. Its most likely not your RAM but hey its worth trying.

I sure as fuck hope it ain't one of my RAM sticks. What about deleting CSGO? Does that effect it at all?
Find

(03-15-2015, 07:23 PM)RadioActiveCow Wrote:  
(03-15-2015, 06:42 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  Do you happen to have csgo? The reason I ask is because when playing csgo I got a weird error and then tried to restart csgo and could never get it to work again. I then found out one of my two ram sticks was the issue so I tried gmod to see what would happen. It would start up and take me to the main menu but I couldn't click anything inside it. I removed one of my ram sticks and both csgo and gmod worked. Its most likely not your RAM but hey its worth trying.

I sure as fuck hope it ain't one of my RAM sticks. What about deleting CSGO? Does that effect it at all?

Deleting csgo has no effect on gmod if that's what you're asking. Gmod uses css not csgo.
Find

(03-15-2015, 07:45 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(03-15-2015, 07:23 PM)RadioActiveCow Wrote:  

Deleting csgo has no effect on gmod if that's what you're asking. Gmod uses css not csgo.

I figured it might be some content that conflicts with the new update that might've made some kind of incompatibility, since CSGO is mounted on Gmod.
Find

Add me on steam and we will talk.
Find