Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Command (!wiki)

Would be useful to have a !wiki so i can tell newplayers to use it etc.
Find

This would be extremely useful. +1
Find

I think we need a more complete wiki. Maybe by doing this people can submit entries. Instead of it being on Fandom wikis or whatever site what if it was one in-game or on the forums?

Agreed the wiki is helpful but not complete and a bit disorganized. Would be better on our forums where it can also be moderated for accuracy in house +1
Find

(11-27-2019, 01:39 AM)The Black Parade Wrote:  I think we need a more complete wiki. Maybe by doing this people can submit entries. Instead of it being on Fandom wikis or whatever site what if it was one in-game or on the forums?

thats A LOT of work and i dont think anyone would do that, i know for fandom atleast anyone was able to edit (unsure now) and that way it wasn't all up to one person to make the wiki but anyone who could or wanted to help would be able to edit. for forums its different and its up to one person, Sure people can reply and comment the answers but making it organized and keeping it updated would all fall under one person.
i do agree tho the wiki isn't complete but there is my point. even with help its still not complete.
Find

(11-27-2019, 06:31 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  
(11-27-2019, 01:39 AM)The Black Parade Wrote:  I think we need a more complete wiki. Maybe by doing this people can submit entries. Instead of it being on Fandom wikis or whatever site what if it was one in-game or on the forums?

thats A LOT of work and i dont think anyone would do that, i know for fandom atleast anyone was able to edit (unsure now) and that way it wasn't all up to one person to make the wiki but anyone who could or wanted to help would be able to edit. for forums its different and its up to one person, Sure people can reply and comment the answers but making it organized and keeping it updated would all fall under one person.
i do agree tho the wiki isn't complete but there is my point. even with help its still not complete.

Well I mean an actual integrated wiki. Where anyone can edit and it's all on forums/access and edited in-game. It wouldn't work like how the forums operate, it would be some sort of separate thing inside the site.
Find

I don’t think it would fall onto one person just like most sections on the forums are tiered to access by different levels of rank. This can easily be done to allow access to members who can help. Also it would not need to be built from scratch since all the info on the wiki can be moved over pretty easily. All in all having it in house just gives us a better grasp on handling accuracy and information given to our servers players. Just an easy example the first map challenge I had there was no way for me to know if I didn’t copy from the map list and typed it on my own it had to match the format exactly ruining that challenge map coming up for me. Providing this info would have been extremely helpful when I went to the wiki as a new user and I couldn’t add this info to help future new users on the wiki. In house on our forums will be much better.
Find

I agree with awesome and I would probably work on it, to be honest. I prefer doing these type outs rather than playing the actual game (TTT). But I really don't like how the current fandom wiki website is formatted. Also the wiki should be something used by more than just newbie players. It should be a location where if there is something on the server you are unaware of you can look it up.

IE: Crafting Recipes, Comprehensive Boss guides normal run and speedruns, A list of traits and their function, etc.

I can imagine what would be put onto the wiki and how, but I don't now of any good formats for that.
Find

(11-26-2019, 09:20 PM)Feach₀₂ Wrote:  Would be useful to have a !wiki so i can tell newplayers to use it etc.

+1 HELL YEAH IT WOULD DUDE, I KEEP TYPING IN FRG WIKI IN GOOGLE AND GETTING A FUCKING STEAMBOAT COMPANY INSTEAD OF THE WIKI OR FORUMS
Find

Whenever I do a challenge I use the wiki a ton, its a bit incomplete so I sometimes check there to see if they have information about a weapon I want information on whenever I come off of a break which it usually doesnt have, but ive been filling out a few wiki entries just incase anyone needs it. But a new updated wiki would be godtier, and I would definitely help to the best of my abilities. (But I was mainly thinking of !wiki just goin to the current wiki due to its super usefulness in challenges and the ease of access for people who forget its there and want to contribute)
Find