Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ideas For Event Modifiers & Hard Mode

I made up a few ideas for how hard mode ( not including Lobby events/ the new solo boss) should be made for the server. Brass liked the idea of having modifiers for events.

So the first thing though I wanted to mention is if hard mode will be freely open to all players? my suggestion would be to have a minimum level requirement somewhere above Worm Queen. that's all, anyways...

I made a list of modifers to expand ideas for how modifiers should be, including debuffs AND buffs with some cheesy names, kind of like Destiny. Up to you how many modifiers should be on each rotation. Maybe 2/3 debuffs and 1 buff?

Debuffs:

Power Gate - Can only use weapons less than X PWR (think someone mentioned this but I forgot who).

Small Pockets - Ammo reserves decreased by X%

Safety Wheels Off- Healing with items disabled.

One Choice - Loadout refresh disabled (with this in mind, when you die there should be a system that stores information about your inventory when you FIRST join, so reequipping in any way cannot happen. Make sure you got the right loadout before you join).

Increased Horde - Enemies spawn more frequently.

Juggernauts - Enemies spawn with triple the health, but spawn less frequently (have it so Increased Horde can't pair with Juggernauts, and vice versa).

True Champions - Bosses deal double the damage

Speed Run - You have X amount of time to complete this event (depending the average time to complete said event. this could also be a static debuff on each rotation).

Buffs:

Favoritism - *Weapon type* deals X% more damage/X% acc and recoil/X% clip etc.

Power Punch - Melee weapons deal 500% (or some high number) more damage.

Mobility Boost - Each enemy kill grants 5% mobility and stacks to 25% for 10 seconds.

Event specific Buffs/Debuffs

GRIM'S
For hard mode Grim's I think a cap of 6 players is better than having 12. Grim's overall is a beginner event for new players to get a feel for how events work, which makes it ok to have 12 slots in it.

Empty Batteries - Pillars take longer to charge.

Power Hungry - Pillars need 2 lasers.

Boss Upgrade - All pillar bosses shoot lasers, and deal more damage.

Blacker Plague - Rats give Diseased x2.

[[BUFF]] Death Eater - Only Deathclaws spawn.

Blood Bank - The healing orb's battery is increased significantly, but recharge is disabled.

ASYLUM

Empty Batteries - Pillars take longer to charge.

Virus - Zombies have a chance to spawn a headcrab (if that's possible).

[[BUFF]] + Ammo Capacity - Double the ammo reserve.

IOD

Ripped Pages - The book cannot give players extra mobility and healing is reduced.

Worship - Priest takes extra damage to down

[[BUFF]] Hiding Seekers - Reduced seekers

[[BUFF]] Home - Weapons and tiers that come from IOD deal more damage and in general increased stats.

Unstable Spiders - When poison spiders die they leave a cloud of poisonous smoke.

Extra Ideas INCLUDING Lobby events

DEBUFFS:

Death (ripped from risk of rain)-
If one player dies, all players die.

Chaos (also ripped from risk of rain)-
Friendly fire is enabled.

Rolling Fate - Your loadout will be turned into a completely random assortment of weapons, crystals and equipment. Re-equipping your loadout will only randomize it again.

In the Shadows - Every now and again, Mammon will appear to fight.

BUFFS:

Overclocked - All crystals are applied.

Hyper Run - All players will receive a Dragon SMG.

GRIMS:

Better in Numbers - Completing one pillar will complete all pillars and spawn all four bosses. This also applies all debuffs from each pillar

ASYLUM:

No Breaks: Ammo pillar is charge and ready for use. Chip is not needed for charging. You have 20 minutes to complete the event.

[[BUFF]] 20% Done - A random pillar will be completely done.

IOD:

Game Master - Every boss killed, a new modifier will be added to the list.

Blessing With a Twist - All players will receive a book of clergy. When a player dies they will lose the book permanently.

[[BUFF]] Boss Rush - Players start with max ammo and book, and teleport to the 1st boss. After that boss is completed teleport to the Giant Spider and so on (a boss only mode for fun).

WORM QUEEN:

Double the Trouble - Fight TWO Worm Queens at once. Both Worms will be on the opposite ends of each corner.

Lethal Fire Boots - Fire is following you! Keep running to avoid burns.

Last Stand - Start with 1 health

CASTLE:

Ice Check - Every 30 seconds, a random player will be ice caged.

Tornado Warning - Fire tornados will randomly appear from time to time.

Double Time - The boss fight is normal but Glacies will appear on the 1st phase.

Split - After the 1st phase the arena will be evenly split by an invisible wall, and the team will be split on both sides. to break the wall one side must kill their boss.

BLOODWYND:

Secrecy - Bloodwynd will use his spells without any identification for the player.

Capture and Hold - a large green circle spell will appear on the ground. Players must enter that circle to prevent taking damage. the circle will move every couple seconds.

Bloodwynd's Brother: Wyndblood - Two Bloodwynds.

When the Squad Shows Up - Instead of fighting bloodwynd, 5 Mammons will appear.

ABYSSAL:

Hardcore Mode - Abyssal Terror attacks more often and deals more damage.

Heat Seeking - Abyssal's green projectiles tracks you.

Those are my ideas right now. I know it looks like a lot of work, and yeah stat changes is probably all you need, but I just wanted to give some ideas for things to do.

Would definitely make things more interesting. I'd like to see some of these event modifiers.
Find

I disagree with extra damage to down priest and i already mentioned it on brass's question of interesting things we'd like to see.
Instead of reduced healing from cleric book I think no healing at all would be a greater hard mode we cant recover our damage

Made some new ideas (under all the old stuff), made lobby modifiers as well!
Find

The Original: Primary weapon must be the bellum.

Global Modifiers
-Buffing items are disabled

IOD Modifiers
-Priests/Mages come up in a random order
-Healers come up in a random order

You CAN beat IOD without healing as pringles and I have done it before (and since I think its the hardest event) that should work well for all the other ones
Find