Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Rune of Cleansing (Crafting-related rune)

Rune of Wiping (Or Rune of Cleansing)

Rarity: (Should be a Primordial Rune and just as rare as a rune of refreshing or Rune of Reinvigoration OR you can craft the rune using materials)

Crafting Recipe *If craftable*
x10 Runes of Restoration
x250 Crystal Dust
x50 Primordial Fragments
(It would make Runes of Restoration worth something too)

Functionality:

A rune ideally similar to the rune of restoration, except it, wipes all traits off a gun, thereby leaving a blank slate gun.

I came up with this because I noticed some guns end up getting unfavorable traits that I and others do not like, but you can't reach the nice 6 because you are doing +19% damage to players wielding knives.

Essentially, let's say you have this:

Infectious Pistol of the Phoenix
1/5 ignite
1/12 infection
+25% dmg to jihad users
+19% dmg to huge users

You put the gun into a slot (like rune of restoration, reconstruction, etc.)
Click yes I would like to go through with this...

Now on the output, you get an Infectious Pistol, but it has no traits; not even infection.

The Rune of Wiping (as I like to call it Mr. Clean or ass wipe) would work on all guns even Umptastic so we can make some new cool guns in crafting, but also if a gun is ruined by lame traits we can now do something about it.

An Alternative Rune similar to the Rune of Reconstruction and its counterpart Ultimate Reconstruction this Rune could have a counterpart called: Rune of Selective Cleansing where you can erase 1 specific trait off a gun.

its a nice idea but i feel like what path of exile does should be implemented over this. There are 2 currency items named " Orb of Annulment" which removes 1 random affix/suffix and "Orb of Scouring" which removes all affixes/suffix.