Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sedate System before it becomes morbidly obese

System has been binge eating recently, on an exclusive diet of:
Masks of Disappointment
Shards
Spin2Win Eggs
The very occasional Giveaway Primordial worth nothing

tldr System Messages are simply annoying nowadays, versus way back when it was really cool to see important shit happening. I think it'd be nice to slim down the messages that are important enough to show up in system. While we're at it, make certain other items appear, like Venomous, Bouncy, Extinct Weapons, literally anything other than MASKS
Umpty Dumpty
Find

i actually really like this idea and was planning on suggesting something similar to this, but forgot to. +1
Find

+1 I do enjoy this idea tbh and I think personal settings to see what comes up would be nice.
Find

I can 100% agree with this. What I think is the system giveaway should only show godlike+ & discoveries like it used to, as well as the other achievements and stuff, which I think are fine.
Find

Not really worth the effort to go through and make a special exception to 'masks' or things like that, most of the messages are automated based on rarity class or other various things. System messages help serve as a log as well. Sometimes special/valuable prims are added to giveaways, and people want to see who obtained it once it drops. There's not really a simple automated way to determine which would be valuable and not without a manual list/whitelist/blacklist, so I can't(more like don't want to) make case specific ones, that's just not worth the time/effort over it being very mildly annoying to see a system message show up.

I like to use them as public logs for certain types of things so I can keep track without having to manually make a system to keep track of something, it's nice and way more convenient to look through shoutbox or system channel in discord for me personally, than my personal logs.