Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unban Request

Steam Name (Current): NoFace

Steam Name (During incident): NoFace

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19953447

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000172622/

Name of staff you were banned by: (I don't know)

Length of the ban: 28-days

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: Repealed

Reason for ban: metagaming and targetting in BR

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: Yes.

What really happened?:
I did not intentionally metagame. During my boss rounds, I targeted Bezerker because I thought of him as a friendly player to play with. I often saw bosses kill their friends who were players and then play the remainder of the round unserious or often go idle. As far as I am aware, targeting is not against the rules. Clearly, I am mistaken. Additionally, I was not aware that I was required to kill all of the remaining players as a boss. I was unaware that metagaming was a thing on the BR server, I thought it only applied to TTT, due to the fact that there are no rules listed upon joining the BR server. How would I know that metagaming applied to BR with TTT if it only shows for TTT? Every day on FRG-BR I see people sit idle while the players shoot down the boss to get the round over with. Whether that’s because they are AFK, didn’t want to play as that specific boss or played that round to target friends. Now, seeing other people sit idle and take damage does not justify me doing it, which I would like to apologize for. Though, I was unaware that it was against the rules if I did not pursue others.

Additional details:
Bezerker's videos:

Find

Well in TTT, when there is a boss round, if you let people kill you while you don't attack back, it is considered metagaming. By a logical stand point the same would transfer over to BR. You are also helping people farm dailies faster than they should, also considered metagaming.
Find

(09-12-2019, 01:26 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  Well in TTT, when there is a boss round, if you let people kill you while you don't attack back, it is considered metagaming. By a logical stand point the same would transfer over to BR. You are also helping people farm dailies faster than they should, also considered metagaming.

You say its common sense but alot of people dont think like you do. Joining br and no one explains the rules and there arent any rules that pops up then you think there are much to no rules. People naturally wouldnt just think or if im boss then the rules must be like ttt and I have to kill people. If he says he saw others do it then he was banned for ignorance without having public notice of the rule. Some things go without saying. But in conclusion. I feel like he should be unbanned because he was ignorant of the rules and the server didnt have them publicly noticed. It doesnt seem like he purposely avoided the knowing the rules either he just played it and seen others do the same thing

Edit: Also Ive never seen an afk person be banned when they were boss on a bossround

(09-12-2019, 01:36 AM)IJC Soul Wrote:  
(09-12-2019, 01:26 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  Well in TTT, when there is a boss round, if you let people kill you while you don't attack back, it is considered metagaming. By a logical stand point the same would transfer over to BR. You are also helping people farm dailies faster than they should, also considered metagaming.

You say its common sense but alot of people dont think like you do. Joining br and no one explains the rules and there arent any rules that pops up then you think there are much to no rules. People naturally wouldnt just think or if im boss then the rules must be like ttt and I have to kill people. If he says he saw others do it then he was banned for ignorance without having public notice of the rule. Some things go without saying. But in conclusion. I feel like he should be unbanned because he was ignorant of the rules and the server didnt have them publicly noticed. It doesnt seem like he purposely avoided the knowing the rules either he just played it and seen others do the same thing

Edit: Also Ive never seen an afk person be banned when they were boss on a bossround

Well that is the only evidence that has been brought up to us. Just because there is no rules posted on BR, doesn't mean you can just ignore something that is common sense. Not attacking players as boss and letting them kill you can is metagaming because you know what your role is in this, it is literally in the gamemode, you are a boss against players. It also lets players get through dailies faster than they are originally suppose to be. I wouldn't be surprised if they were farmed by people at this rate.

Alright after talking to other staff and Bezerker regarding it, we decided to shorten it two weeks. Bez asked you to stop targeting him and you gave him no response. Brass did state in discord about afk farming and partial about metagaming. An actual rule set will be coming out soon but basic rules as letting players win on purpose has never been allowed since that is what the entire gamemode is about, and if someone tells you to stop doing something, you should probably listen to them.

https://gyazo.com/3068e1e1763982cdde9976de4fa0d14d?token=b38f6c3e6271889a342e3017690ca779