Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Jertz & my alt Unban Request

Steam Name (Current): Jertz and my alt Trumpster

Steam Name (During incident): Jertz

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:8362913 (Jertz), STEAM_0:1:74329710 (Alt)

Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/icaperats (Jertz) and my alt https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198108925149 (Trumpster)

Name of staff you were banned by: Black Parade

Length of the ban: Permanent

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: Repealed

Reason for ban: (botting, having two alt accounts at once)

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: I admit having two accounts on at once to fish faster, but never did I bot in anyway as they allege.

What really happened?: As you're fishing you have quite a bit of downtime between every catch waiting, and I thought to minimize the time waste I could use two accounts. I checked the rules over here at forums (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=109), searched through the search function and even checked on discord and couldn't find anything saying alt accounts being against the rules. I've been fishing and people have been blaming me for botting for a day or so, with no apparent reason. So you might be wondering, how can you play on two accounts and do something as interactive as fishing where you need to pay attention to the game. There's a program called Sandboxie which you can use to launch another session of hl2.exe in a sandbox environment essentially running two clients at once. I could easily alt-tab between windows and catch the fish without difficulty. If you didn't know this was possible in the first case, I see how you might be suspicious. It isn't first time people accuse me on the server, whether it be crouch spamming macros, or bhopping scripts, mainly just because they dislike me. How can I prove this? I took a shadowplay right before the ban, that's the only recording I have as I didn't expect the staff to jump the gun without any proof. If you have recorded me fishing, you'll find that both of the accounts never moved at the same time, as it's not really possible as I only have 1 window active at time.

What comes to alt accounting, if that was part of the ban, and not just the botting allegation, I feel weird getting punished for something that's never mentioned in the rules. There's people on the server who have ironmen accounts etc. and never thought it would be an issue.

Additional details: Here's the shadowplay clip I took before the ban:
. This is clip of Jertz and everytime you see the game freeze it's because the window is inactive and I'm on the other window.

This is my recording of the same incident.

Rather it's true or not you were botting in that recording, it should be common sense not to have the same account on at once, That's obvious for TTT at least. In this case though, I now believe that using this program (which I never heard before by the way) is also punishable because it's a 3rd party tool, you're gaining an advantage over others. Just like how auto clickers, bhop scripting or hacking in general. Anyone can download them or create them, I downloaded an autoclicker myself before (I use it for Minecraft LOL).

If this is true or not, botting will be removed and your reasoning and punishment would change. But I want more opinions on this program, cause I think thats equally as bad.

If you were using the alt account, just to trade any items you got back to your main account, that's not allowed. You can have alt accounts and play on them, as long as you don't use them to gain an advantage on your main account, from what I remember, (You probably shouldn't be playing on them at the same time either.) Hence, "ironman" accounts, (where you can't trade, so theres no risk of items getting back to your main account.)
But yeah there's no way something like this would be allowed, even if you weren't botting.
Find

-1 It's pretty blatantly obvious you shouldn't be doing these types of things, it gives you way too much of an edge against other people.

(09-07-2019, 06:49 PM)The Black Parade Wrote:  This is my recording of the same incident.

Rather it's true or not you were botting in that recording, it should be common sense not to have the same account on at once, That's obvious for TTT at least. In this case though, I now believe that using this program (which I never heard before by the way) is also punishable because it's a 3rd party tool, you're gaining an advantage over others. Just like how auto clickers, bhop scripting or hacking in general. Anyone can download them or create them, I downloaded an autoclicker myself before (I use it for Minecraft LOL).

If this is true or not, botting will be removed and your reasoning and punishment would change. But I want more opinions on this program, cause I think thats equally as bad.

You could achieve the same result by having a laptop and that way having two accounts on, thus the 3rd party tool argument seems redundant. The program doesn't affect the game in any way.
Find

I dont get why you were banned honestly. Alt accounts are 100% allowed, and as long as he isnt trading between the two accounts there shouldnt be any issues with him legitimately fishing on two accounts at once.

I agree with Jertz in some ways.
Yes i know thats its obvious that you shouldnt be allowed to have a second account doing things that you are doing to make double the profit, cos thats unfair for other players, however, there is no proof that he was trading between accounts, and if there is, say trade logs, ignore what i am about to say.

I agree with Jertz in the fact that, there is NO rule stated that alts are bannable. He was banned for botting, what he did was not botting. He was going between accounts to do this, not using a software to do it.
The player community is only biased towards him due to HIS way of playing the same, which i will agree is VERY sweaty, but if Brass did not want what Jertz does to happen, the items would not have been implemented.

This ban is unjustified. With all due to respect to Parade.
The player base is just salty at how Jertz plays the game and is biased at that.

I do not agree in anyway that what Jertz did was right, but Parade said
"it should say somewhere in the rules, its definitely not allowed to have both at the same time" on discord.
https://imgur.com/a/QaQWdAD

If Parade or anyone else can find that rule, be my guest. But after looking, i am yet to find it.

Thank you,
-Foxx

(09-07-2019, 07:20 PM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  I dont get why you were banned honestly. Alt accounts are 100% allowed, and as long as he isnt trading between the two accounts there shouldnt be any issues with him legitimately fishing on two accounts at once.

It’s common sense, if t were allowed then I would get multiple accounts on when something nice in the giveaway is getting close to rolling. Unfair advantage to where one player is gaining more items or has more of a chance to gain more than they would while playing on one account.
Find

-1 you need to atleast take some time before you get unbanned consider you just got banned today.

(09-07-2019, 07:20 PM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  I dont get why you were banned honestly. Alt accounts are 100% allowed, and as long as he isnt trading between the two accounts there shouldnt be any issues with him legitimately fishing on two accounts at once.

I strongly disagree that having two account at once is allowed, and apparently there is no statement or rule about having alt accounts on at once besides trading. If there was no rule about it whats stopping me from playing ttt on two accounts?

I think in his video, he proved he wasn't botting, but I want to know if having two account on at once is allowed. It makes no sense not having that a rule, it can be cheesed easily.