Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Boss Themed Crystals

Currently in FRG, the variety of meta crystals isn't very high. There's only four I see often. (Reload, Vitality, BHop, Djinn. Or a combo with Synergizer) Boss Rush could be an opportunity to implement more crystals, both fringe and meta, into the game. Each Crystal is Godlike, and only drops from its specific boss.

Infernal Crystal
(Godlike Crystal, Dropped from Infernal Golem)

"Upon taking falling damage, a small explosion occurs around where you landed, dealing 25 damage to all players (except yourself) within the radius"

Explosive boots in a crystal. Can be combined with the former or the Moon boots for some shenanigans. The only trouble I see with this is the potential for accidental RDM during Acrophobia dailies.

Shrouded Crystal
(Godlike Crystal, Dropped from Hunter)

"Standing completely still for 5 seconds will cause you to slowly turn invisible. Moving while crouched retains the invisibility, but normal walking or shooting causes it to disappear instantly."

A slow working cloaking device for sneakier approaches. Note, this is hunter BOSS invisibility, so it won't be as crazy as a random hunter round cloak is.

Lunar Crystal
(Godlike Crystal, Dropped from Moonlord)

"Has a 1 in x(Probably a high number) chance to teleport you to the Lunar Plane for x seconds upon taking damage."

Liked this proc on Crescent weapons, but it's a bit obscure. A crystal with a lesser likelyhood of activating the proc could see this ability be more common.

Swamp Crystal
(Godlike Crystal, Dropped from King K. Rool)

"Has a 1 in x chance to push targets hit by your weapons away from you."

K Rool is all about windboxes, so this crystal should reflect it. Yes there can be shenanigans with this on rooftops, but for most cases, its a spacing tool. The blast shouldn't be powerful enough to launch someone into the skybox if you shoot them from below. Just a little p o o f.

Brudda Crystal
(Godlike Crystal, Dropped by Ugandan Brass)

"Upon a rightful kill, you have a 5% chance of turning them into a Brudda. Bruddas have the same health, speed, and weapons of a Brudda in Boss Rush, but are whatever class you are (i.e, an Innocent killed by a T becomes a T Brudda, or a T killed by an Innocent becomes an Inno Brudda)"

I know how powerful zombies are, so a crystal like this would need to be toned down from, say, a Necromancer in order to be fair. The lack of infection and the low chance makes me think this would be fair, but still interesting.

Necrotic Crystal
(Godlike Crystal, Dropped by The Lich King)

"Has a 1 in x (high number) chance to heal you by 15% of the total damage done."

Vampira is a difficult to get suffix for a reason. Healing of hits by 50% at best is crazy good for survival. This crystal is a very toned down version of Vampira, in order not to discourage players from going after it, while still giving its benefits. Paired with Vampira, this COULD be crazy, but their procs would be separate, and wouldn't stack.

Power Crystal
(Godlike Crystal, Dropped from Beast Ganon)

"Has a 1 in x (high number) chance to power up an attack, increasing its damage by 15%"

Crits are tough to balance, but with the introduction of the First Headshot Damage proc, A straight buff crystal like this could be balanced.

Reminder that all these boios are just ideas and theorycrafting. Let me know if anything seems too broken/underpowered!
Find

these are interesting ideas and I would like to see something like them, they're just really powerful

Several of these are just traits in crystal form, but the cool ones I really like are the swamp and infernal
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Some of these are cool but I definitely dont think all of them should be godlikes, only the ones against the hardest bosses, so if you win and get one you feel more rewarded, or maybe you could get the crystal if you are the boss. If BR is completely full then the chances of getting one of these crystals every round skyrockets.
Find