Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

'Of Silence' trait/suffix

I'm thinking a very cool trait or suffix for guns would be one of silence. If it's actually able to be coded and created it would basically mute the player effected for so many second. This would make their voice chat and text chat disabled for a certain amount of time. I think it would be a cool trait that leaves it up to the players ability to defend themselves and not just call someone out and die.
Could be too overpowered or impossible to code, but I thought I'd throw this idea out there and hope for the best. I know we have muffle which mutes their hearing but the opposite side of the coin would be to mute them.
Would appreciate to hear yalls thoughts and opinions on this.
Thanks!
Find

I feel like muffle should just do this. Muffles trash atm and should just gain the ability to silence the person who gets hit with it.

imo I feel that muffle should do both. If anything I would think muffle would stop someones voice before their hearing. As it stands muffle is one of those throw away things on a gun/cata
Find

yeah what they said
Find

I don't care much, but I wouldn't like it very much. Feels very out of place for an in-game effect to block your comms.
Find

well as it stands there are in-game effects that block your visual, your hearing, your movement, just seems reasonable for the voice and comms to be able to be taken away as well. Just my thoughts

yea muffle blows cock so this would be a neat addition to make it stronger. also terran u suck, like oz said there's already multiple other sensory fuck-up things in the server and i'd say they feel much more out of place than being muted for a few seconds
Find

Just had a brain blast, if sound is muted with muffle then voice should be muted with muzzle!!!! 10/10 I rest maly case. . Make muzzles great again!
Find

I think if it's too strong, give it the effect of comm jammer on the person hit. So he can still call out to people close by but they might not be able to understand.

I think it’d be stronger if it was just an absolute mute on both text and voice but Heisen’s idea is pretty good too.
Find