Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestion on inventory layout

I don't think there's a way to do this currently, but it would improve the usability of the "backpacks" if you they'd be integrated into the main inventory window. You could still hit enable on them, link in chat etc, but difference would be that you can more easily drag items in and out of it. Only issue is how much work it would be to rewrite the container code to fit this system.

Here's an illustration what I mean, don't mind the empty slots. You could also move the new Sort buttons on the top row next to Trash.

Tell me what you think.

From my understanding, Brass doesn't want people to be able to drag and drop. Dragging and dropping leads to more possible ways for duplication to occur.

I understand that but at the same time IT LOOKS SO FUCKEN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

I see what jake is saying, but your concept is actually really fucking good.
Find

Backpacks are stored in list-type formats to prevent overhead from having to store with slot numbers, or have 'empty' space in the encoded storage device, to save on as much data when networking/saving as possible. That's why drag n drop/re-arranging them isn't possible at the moment.

However, I have been working on a complete rehaul of the storage device system to allow them to behave exactly like mini-inventories. I had its basic functions working, but I ran into some issues that need me to re-write a lot of my back end for things, which I don't have the time to do at the moment. It's something I'm doing on the side, so just know a big re-haul is coming eventually.

Also note, it being in tabs saves on your framerate a bit, as the items in there don't render, and when you switch to them, your main inv isn't rendering, giving a decent FPS boost as you can see 100 items at once with certain inv layouts.

Very cool concept though, it's pretty much how I did the coinshop's layout.
Find