Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Holiday?] FRG Anniversary

I’m on mobile so spare me please.

So, I feel like we should celebrate the anniversary of FRG with looking back at the history of FRG.

My proposal is for us to take a page out of Overwatch’s book, like they do when they celebrate the release, by allowing players access to old skins and emotes.

On the anniversary of FRG, one week, once a year, introduce the old crates as post round loot (at increased chances), loot orbs, and perhaps even in the coin shop at a high coin or ruby amount.

Not only could this boost player count for that week, donations could flood in, those of us who missed out because we were plebs could get the chance to experience those guns for the first time ourselves.

Now of course, it would take some work to polish the code with the old guns and crates, but why have this stuff in the code if only a prestigious few can access it? That’s wack as fuck. Brass, aresuft, tobi, and many others put the work in, let’s put it back in!

no devalue doomscopr
Find

Fuck market value, let people have fun with old items
Find

i see you missed discord yesterday
Find

(06-29-2019, 09:20 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote:  Fuck market value, let people have fun with old items

that's kinda what drives a lot of people to play and grind... shouldnt forsake it just for people to try some guns out
Find

(06-29-2019, 09:24 PM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  
(06-29-2019, 09:20 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote:  Fuck market value, let people have fun with old items

that's kinda what drives a lot of people to play and grind... shouldnt forsake it just for people to try some guns out

That’s a fair point, but like, I just want to see these old guns and accessories in their glory and I’m sure others do too.

(06-29-2019, 09:23 PM)Alex Summers Wrote:  i see you missed discord yesterday

What did I miss then? I work during peak time
Find

I like the idea of an anniversary event, just not really your ideas for reasons that may seem obvious...

I do think it'd be cool to have just some small things, since updates are already hard enough to find ideas for and meet deadlines for between all the holidays/seasons. Maybe just one day a year, party hats (ACTUAL party hats, not runescape ones) can drop, maybe those balloon rounds tobias was working on or balloons on the forums, just small fun stuff like that. No stressin'.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Greed drives the playerbase of FRG, or at least the majority. Not loyalty or fun. Sadly, things like this don't work out because of hoarders.

I think it could work if any old, currently virtually unobtainable, uniques u got during this time period were labelled as "replicas" or something, or had some sort of visual downgrade compared to the originals. This would still maintain some value for collectors and it would still allow people to experience some older items.

But then again what older items are there that you are at a disadvantage for for not being able to experience them?
Crappy enhanceable 1 crate tiers maybe? Still, even then you're not really missing out on much.
I genuinely don't know what old stuff there is that you cannot experience them now. We have flashback crates for the godlikes. Someone list them to me.

I guess doomscooper, but you could still buy one off me for 3 million coins, just save up.
Find

selling crowbar doomscooper very big price
Find