Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crafting pre-release notes.

Today marks the launch of the biggest and most ambitious update I've made for FRG to date. I will be uploading everything to the servers within the next hour or two.

If you're not familiar with what I've been working on, I will outline it in this post:

Crafting

Crafting is a way of creating items by using various crafting materials. You gain these materials through various means, such as dismantling, or combining other materials to create new types of materials. Don't be afraid to experiment!

With crafting comes an assortment of new items, traits, suffixes, and base weapons that you can only obtain FROM crafting. Including a new rarity class called "Masterwork". This is the highest tier rarity you can currently craft (it exists between primordial and godlike). One of the coolest things is that every masterwork item comes with a procedurally generated skill tree! That will be discussed more further down.

Progression
Crafting is progression based, and meant to be a long-term addition to the server, with relatively long-term goals.

As shown above, there are 6 tiers to crafting, and one over-all crafting level. Each tier contains a rarity or set of rarity classes. For instance, Tier I is common and ordinary items. Tier II is uncommon, Tier III is unlikely, Tier IV is rare, etc. You level them up by crafting/dismantling items of said tier. (Overall level progresses from ANY tier crafts, though the higher the tier, the more XP you get)

Each tier has their own sets of perks attached to them, that apply to crafts/dismantles of that tier. And your overall level contains perks that apply to ALL crafting tiers.

In order to dismantle or craft items of a specific tier, you must first UNLOCK the ability to do so. I know some of you may not like that, but it's really not too difficult to progress through and unlock all of the tiers. The long term stuff comes from unlocking perks to make the experience better or unlock cooler things.

You can also unlock the ability to AUTO DISMANTLE items as soon as you obtain them! Below you can see various filters/settings related to auto dismantling.

Catalysts - A way to make existing items exciting again!
You don't have to just look forward to to new uniques/items from crafting, you can craft existing items using catalysts (you get catalysts from dismantling), and possibly get craft-only unique traits, suffixes, and baseweapons on them.

What is a catalyst?

A catalyst is an item you can obtain from dismantling other items. It basically contains the 'core' or 'essence' of the item, and it allows you to craft items of that type. All suffixes and traits your item had will be transferred to the catalyst, and once you craft a weapon from it, that weapon will have said traits and suffixes on it!

One of the biggest highlights of crafting is the fact that you can unlock a perk that allows you to use catalysts that have suffixes or traits in conjunction with higher-tier catalyst crafts, in an attempt to transfer traits from it, to your newly crafted item of a higher tier.

Secrets!
There are a decent amount of secret recipes for unique items to discover, anything in the game can be a possible material, so always experiment with things. You never know what you might find! By recipe, I don't mean a new item drop. I just mean recipes not defined that players need to figure out by putting things in their crafting slots, to create new/secret items. (There are hint items in game)

Masterwork Items
As stated, masterwork items are 'end game' crafted items that all come with randomly generated skill trees. I won't disclose TOO much about them, but give some basic info so you guys know some of the coolest things about crafting.

Each node on the skill tree is a type of trait specially made for Masterwork items, every masterwork item will be different. The tree generation uses a very complex system I made that randomly selects different 'types' of branches, and every node has a set of 'categories' they fall into. This allows them to be more themed, and have different types of builds, rather than straight random collections of nodes.

There are PVP and PVE categories so some branches might be good for pvp and others might be best for pve. Some might even be good for both!

I really hope you guys enjoy this update, I've been working on it so long and it was quite the challenge. Masterwork items alone were more challenging than anything else I've made here to date. As always, if you guys have any feedback or bugs to report, please do so here on the forums, or in discord.

hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype
Find

when crafting?

crafting now Smile
Find

POG FR
Find

Big hype, and thanks as always for your hard work
Find

Big hype for crafting, and this looks fantastic!
Find

I see that Vorpal Hatchet, you cant hide that from me
Find

this, is a POG moment everyone

can I get uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, POGCHAMP in the chat please?
Find

That's a good opening post, I hope everyone reads it. Regardless, make sure to let people know there's good info on what to do in the crafting menu itself!
Find

ah shit everything changes at this moment.

hyped.

EDIT: also rip server slots for the next 48 hours after crafting comes out.
Find