Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Change] Conqueror's Judgement

I don't think The Conqueror's Judgement works as a gun.

Default Shot
  • [+]The damage on a bodyshot is 65 which is pretty standard for a rifle (in the sense that its a two shot body)
  • [+]The accuracy on the shot seems really high (the weapon doesn't have stats displayed)
  • [-]The shot makes a very loud noise and the bullet has a trail (this is pretty much immediately tells the server "hey i'm shooting people")

Ion Charge
  • The rocket jump function is useless unless you have a gravity crystal equipped (you'd get more height off of shurikens)
  • The actual shot does 10 extra damage to the body (75) and has a newton effect (In theory this is sick, But its insanely hard to hit they have to be standing still)

Missed Shots Don't Consume Ammo
In theory this should also be nuts, but its not all that noticeable. The reload on the gun is already really fast so there's no real reason to have this trait.

Headshots Cause a Shockwave
  • [-]This trait practically does nothing but tell everyone on the server that someone is 100% using a conq.
  • [+]It does 25 damage to people in a couple of arms reach from the headshot. (It almost never happens)
  • [+]It looks awesome

The gun punishes users for doing well by letting everyone know where you are and that its you. On the flip side it has a crutch trait (misses don't consume ammo) that really isn't necessary. The rocket jump to be honest is fine, its pretty bad without a grav crystal but it isn't the worst thing under the sun.

I don't have any suggestions on how it should be changed nor do I want a buff, I really just feel like the gun is just a cobble of random traits that don't really work together.
Find

To be fair, there's not that many conqueror's, so people will remember who have it quickly. It's kind of the price you pay for using an exclusive gun.

It's not bad that Shurikens have more height. There's no reason to make it obsolete if you have another weapon. Besides, I saw nytemart get onto morgoth's wall using it so that's kind of an exaggeration.

I don't particularly enjoy a gun that gives away positions though, especially on a sniper. That really hurts it since it's so long range. Cool concept, but not that great in the long run.

I agree. I do see it as a mixed bag of things that were chosen at random, including the weapon type. I don't know what to suggest either.
Find

Change the gun type to M1 Garand and you're golden, yes yes?
Find

They actually weren't chosen at random tho. Your logic for letting everyone know it's you applies to a ton of weapons, and always has. Like TJ said, it's more or less the price to pay for having a rare unique. I don't want to dumb down things because of something like that.
  • Ion shot, large energy blast with a knock back. Useful/fun for rocket jumping, can use it to jump over gaps or other various things, and yea with grav crystal its much better, but that's not a downside or anything at all, it's cool synergy between two items. You can also have both it and shurikens equipped at the same time, so comparing it to them isn't really valid. It is a skill shot to hit on people as it has a 0.1 second delay. It is also hit-scan, not a physical projectile, but the delay is why it feels hard to hit.

You can also do cool things like

if you use quickswitch binds.
  • Missed shots don't consume ammo. Perfect trait for a sniper, so I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
  • Headshots cause shockwave. Was actually buffed the other day to be more reliable and send out more shockwaves further, and have better hit reg.

• The normal bullet trail. It's actually less visible to other players than it is for you, that was changed a bit after it was released. it's pretty much just aesthetics.

• The gun sound. I can lower the sound level for it, that should help scale it down per distance. But honestly, I don't see how its much louder than a normal rifle.

(Use sound)
Find

Fair enough, I guess I just need to get good.
Find

Add ragnorak effect to body shots make it more rewarding
Find

I'm pretty positive the tracers are much easier to see than what's shown, it may be due to settings but I have no problem spotting someone firing a conq from basically any distance and most angles.

and also been kosed off of tracers many, many times.

:/
Find

anyone who gets hit by shockwave gets soul track yes

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

real talk though it seems like a super solid gun but i cant get over the fact that i cant shoot after ion blasting to style people in the air Sad how u gonna disable mlg trickshotting

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(05-24-2019, 08:15 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  real talk though it seems like a super solid gun but i cant get over the fact that i cant shoot after ion blasting to style people in the air Sad how u gonna disable mlg trickshotting

That's the best part of whirlwind sonic blasting people then shooting them in the air.
Find