Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] Map challenges on easy and mediums clues

It's boring going back in forth between the same challenge maps. We hardly ever play different maps most of the time.

Great idea. +1
Find

We already had this discussion many times.

The reason they still exist is because:
  • They give scrolls another topic to do.
  • This challenge inflates the time to complete scrolls, which is ideal for the server, not for us.
  • Gives an interesting thing to do to newer players.
  • Voting for the map usually happens.

However:
  • Happens too commonly.
  • Usually always go to the same maps.
  • People get mad if they don't vote for the map.
  • All of the map challenges have been found out.

RTV wouldn't fix this because it would obviously be used to troll or skip maps that some people don't like. I take a longer time to load than most and it would be really annoying to basically keep bouncing around maps even if RTV did have a cooldown. I think this version of map challenges (good chance to show up, map challenge overrides luck map, can input map) are going to be the best it gets and scrolls need inflated times in order for them to work properly.

It's a shame we have to deal with it, but if you gave actual suggestions or more types of overall challenges that make challenges longer instead of 5 second word scrambles, I think Tobi would be willing to compromise.

One idea I had was for a challenge is to do a certain amount of dailies. Obviously this wouldn't be high due to the limited amount per day, but along with the idea of refreshing them or alongside monthly version of dailies, I think that could work pretty decently.
Find

My original idea thats isnt stolen is to remove them from easy/med scrolls so added maps actually get played
Find

The only real reason this is a problem now is due to the new system brassx made to be able to queue your map.

If that wasn't in place then this wouldnt be an issue really at all, but since that became a thing yeah I do really only see challenge maps being played.
Find

I'd say just make it not guaranteed to get your map when you put it in. But not like how it previously was, because then you were waiting hours on hours to get it. I'd say instead of making it insta-pop up on map change, just make inputting the map give an even more boosted chance of happening, (maybe like a 1/3).
Find

How about one of the servers has no challenge maps? Or it just disallows challenge map scrolls on one of the servers. You try to input the map name on your challenge scroll and it says "You must be on ttt1 to do this."

First the problem was "It took me 6 days to complete my map challenge", Now it's "Maps from challenges happen too often".

Map challenges aren't being removed without a proper replacement, as TJ stated, they are 100% needed, so choose which you'd prefer. Waiting days to complete a step, or playing on what's typically a popular map to begin with? Doesn't really matter to me.

However, the maps played analytics do not really match up with your claims. There are far more other maps than challenge maps that are played through out the day.

(Some of the time spikes are due to the server idling on said map)

There's not really a solution other than replacing map challenges with something just as tedious/time consuming. I'm all for suggestions. We toned down kill challenges due to your complaints, made map challenges easier, due to your relentless complaints about them. What ever comes next, I'm sure there will be complaints as well. It never ends. Making the input a random chance doesn't change it in the end, because it's already like that behind the scenes (1/4).
Find

I'm still all for the map voting, I personally go absolutely nutty over having to wait a week to get a map that I need. You could just lower how common map challenges are?
Find

Why not make it like what was done with dipliation event and make it start at something like 1/5 chance to appear on map vote, after next map 1/4,..., until it always show up on the map vote.
This could slow down the amount of challenge maps appearing, providing removing them from easy/medium maps is not an option.
Find