Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[NERF] Destroyer of Worlds suffix

The AOE ball suffix of the Destroyer of Worlds is ridiculously unbalanced. Not only is it stupidly strong, its also stupidly annoying because it can easily deal massive team damage.
The ball does about 70-80 damage if it brushes you over about 3-4 seconds, making it one of the highest damaging suffixes in the game. Not only that, but it spreads to any players nearby, causing even more damage. On top of that, if you're within about 2 feet of the ball, it'll trigger the suffix WITHOUT even touching you. That means you can sidestep it and STILL take up to 80 unavoidable damage.

Proposed changes:
-Lower the Ball's hitbox (It should only trigger upon a hit or a direct graze, not two feet around it)
-Change how it spreads (Make it a low chance like Infection, and only if someone directly touches the player affected)
-Lower the damage to 40 (About half)
Find

+1, the proc is completely and utterly broken. It shouldn't proc within a radius, it's completely unreasonable, let alone the sheer amount of damage it does over a mere 4 seconds.
Find

The damage it does is literally just the best possible stats you could get on the electricity suffix(which is very very rare, but still possible)

Maybe lowering the radius would be fine but i think the damage it does is fine.
Find

It does 80 damage. I'm talking about the ball, not the electricity suffix. The ball shouldn't do 80 damage no matter what. No suffix should do over half someone's HP
Find

I think the damage it does is fine, personally. Like i said the electricity it inflicts are just the best combination of stats you can get on the actual electric suffix, which seems fair considering its a ball with travel time

Here are the exact stats for the ball:

Damage: 2
Tickrate: .14
Duration: 5

And here are the possible stats for the actual electricity suffix:

Damage: 1 - 2
Tickrate: .14 - .18
Duration: 4 - 5

Now with that being said, I reduced the radius of it to proc on fly-by by half(from 128 to 64). I feel like that should be more than enough considering the suffix is on a sniper, and the ball is avoidable.
Find

(05-11-2019, 04:27 PM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  I think the damage it does is fine, personally. Like i said the electricity it inflicts are just the best combination of stats you can get on the actual electric suffix, which seems fair considering its a ball with travel time

Here are the exact stats for the ball:

Damage: 2
Tickrate: .14
Duration: 5

And here are the possible stats for the actual electricity suffix:

Damage: 1 - 2
Tickrate: .14 - .18
Duration: 4 - 5

Now with that being said, I reduced the radius of it to proc on fly-by by half(from 128 to 64). I feel like that should be more than enough considering the suffix is on a sniper, and the ball is avoidable.

If the ball is going to be using by far one of the most damaging DoT procs in the entire game (on top of dealing that damage more quickly than any of them as well) as AoE, how is it reasonable at all for it to be doing full damage?
Find

I'd say lower the range of it while its flying and its travel speed so its dodgeable
Find

(05-11-2019, 07:31 PM)Pro Phone Gamer Wrote:  I'd say lower the range of it while its flying and its travel speed so its dodgeable

Why not just address the actual problem of the sheer amount of damage it does? How exactly are you going to dodge it when someone is prefiring the balls pre-emptively? When you're in a gun battle and you hide behind cover, only to have DoW balls destroy you when you were full health and they didn't even hit a shot?
Find

(05-12-2019, 12:53 AM)Dylan Wrote:  
(05-11-2019, 07:31 PM)Pro Phone Gamer Wrote:  I'd say lower the range of it while its flying and its travel speed so its dodgeable

Why not just address the actual problem of the sheer amount of damage it does? How exactly are you going to dodge it when someone is prefiring the balls pre-emptively? When you're in a gun battle and you hide behind cover, only to have DoW balls destroy you when you were full health and they didn't even hit a shot?

just wear rubber lul
Find

To weigh in on this topic, short to medium ranges, and how often ball does proc, make dodging near impossible. It's a sniper, yes, but it's also way too good at doing stuff a sniper SHOULDN'T be as good at. You could make it so that the ball has a ramp up time before it goes ludicrously fast (to make it more in line with sniper gun), or make it so it has a cooldown before next proc(so that its not a shitton of balls turning the game into a bullet hell), or change damage numbers(I'd say this might be least viable, because it doesn't address some of the other glaring issues, but the other offered fixes in tandem with this could make it work).