Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A minor deathbringer rework.

Having gotten one rather recently it has reminded me of the inherent problems of this weapon. I feel like it's mechanically a little flawed, and honestly it literally has anti-synergy with itself. But below is in my opinion a solution to this problem.

If you go for headshots the death orbs are irrelevant and the fact you can't 1 shot people with body armor makes it incredibly annoying to use as innocent / on detectives.
Go for bodyshots, and you basically just roll the dice for every fight, and even then unless you aren't point blank the orb will literally never hit anyone.
This has lead to a catch 22 where neither option is a good one.

Insert probably one of the most fun to use primordials ever added to the server. Which inspired this rework

Increase headshot damage to 143 to 1 hit kill on body armor.
Hitting a headshot will make your next non-headshot bullet you hit into a death ball.
Normal death ball chance may need to be removed or reduced.

This rework allows you to have a distinct and interesting playstyle and has already been shown to be balanced with the use of the scarlet. That is almost always an effective instakill as it does 96 damage and hasn't lead to anyone complaining about it and actually benefits from skill instead of just spamming body-shots down a hallway and hoping for the best. Or being infuriated when you headshot a detective or traitor without even killing them.

PS: Please fix animations of deathbringer so it isn't drawn instantly, and hard to tell when reload starts and ends.
Find

No dont get rid of my Insta swap deathbringer ;'b
Find

eh, id still just prefer an inherent headshot buff rather than a rework
JuicyBoxer
St.Jimmy
Dumpweed
AnthemPartThree
Murph
Debaser

i need to stop doing this
Find