Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forum Participation

Hey everyone, I realize I'm still a new member but I had an idea that I thought would help bring new ideas to the community and boost overall participation on the forums. I've noticed in my short time here that it's just a small select few that post on the forums and contribute anything to the community in terms of ideas or even voting for new members or staff. When I was a member of NTG I know we incentivized forum use by having forum events featuring giveaways by solving puzzles or other little mini-games. This doesn't need to be anything amazing and in fact it shouldn't be anything more than a few crates, etc.

I was thinking if earning forum rep did something more than it does now that this could be used to increase activity on the forums and stimulate the community as well. They could use an already existing feature for example and piggyback on the idea of the random giveaway and have entrance for a monthly drawing require rep to join (earned each month not overall) for example. This or basically copying what NTG did to increase forum participation by having some sort of biweekly puzzle or mini game featuring rewards that would tempt people to check the forums every few days.

Thanks for your time and hopefully this hasn't been suggested before. I briefly looked in the suggested area and didn't see anything quite like this.  
Find

There have been forum activities and such, like the kraken arg, the code finding titles and community crate suggestions. But that didn't really require posting on anything or contributing to the server much. Occasionally someone will do a small giveaway if they're departing or just wanting information like davdo did with the rng thing, but that's not common either. Otherwise, it's wait until a donation goal is created for some rare item that people will most likely want because it's rare. I'd like to see more common things get added into the giveaway, like a few runes for solving something.

There have been discussions on rep items, and the only thing to come out of it was scrolls that you could buy if you had enough rep, but it seems like it's forgotten about now. I would really like some more use out of rep too, but it's pretty difficult. Something neat would be something along the lines of VIP for a day with a cooldown on buying it, or even gift packages.

Forums are just super inactive compared to discord. Pretty much used to complain on because it's easy to keep on topic with a thread specifically about something compared to other people talking about something else on discord. Otherwise, more information on updates are also given on discord because it's more convenient and easy to hold conversations there. Just a shame because people don't like having to use forum codes and such to put images up compared to discord's drag in drop or copy and paste.
Find