Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kraken

I like kraken sometimes, but most of the time its just a pain. This is mainly due to 1-Not being able to fish during kraken, 2-Kraken not feeling too special, and 3- kraken takes a while. Theres a few suggestions I can suggest for this, but they kinda change kraken alot so i doubt these: 1- Make it so Kraken is more tied into fishing, so maybe when kraken spawns instead of directly fighting kraken, you fish and every 4+ letter word deals damage to kraken . Or make it so dealing damage to non-spikey tentacles deals damage to all unspikey tentacles (and the same with spikeys), this is because at the beginning when all the tentacles are up peoples damage is really spread out, making it go alot slower at first so if you have it so the damage is distributed then it doesnt matter if everyone is shooting at different non-spikeys (but it also doesnt get rid of the somewhat team dynamic of shooting at the same type of tentacles)
Find

Problem with making it scale by players inside the zone is it's easily exploitable that way, and promotes doing kraken late night with few people just to better your chances at drops/eyes. It would have to work some other way.

HP currently doesn't scale because it's meant to be something you have to band together to do. Not comparable to bloodwynd or other party-based fights. The fight is also mostly M1 cause coordinating up to 30 people to do something complex would be a nightmare.
Find

God I hate the misconception that you need a goddamn Azuredge to get top damage. It's completely wrong.
If you want a guaranteed spot at getting top 6 in eye damage then sure Azuredge is essentially the way to go. It's strong and very accurate.
But for overall top damage? You could EASILY find a galil with matching or higher RPM than the Azuredge which is essentially what you'd want to have for getting top damage.
The tentacles that give the most point (the 6 damage ones) are capped at 6 damage. No gun will ever do more damage than 6 to them due to brass capping it there to stop a ug from being exploited.
Therefore if you have a gun that does 6 damage and also has a higher RPM than the Azuredge then you have a better kraken gun, simple as that.
I personally have experimented with a hydra galil which currently is broken and is not gaining the extra % damage against mobs with 5k or more health. And it does 6 damage to tentacles but only 19 to eyes. Due to my aim though I am still able to consistently hit the eye's 95% of the time with a gun that has -30% accuracy. The galil also has 407 RPM which compared to the Azuredges 390 smth easily outclasses it. If you actually looked at your guns or took some time to compare / do the maths then you'd quickly find that the only thing that makes the azuredge shine is it's ability to hit the eyes with ease and nothing more. The Azuredge is a solid gun, there's no denying it but it's definately not the best for kraken and y'all shitters should stop making that your excuse.

Also my suggestion for making kraken fun / less grindy is to give him his full arsenal at the start of the fight and then just apply a flat health decrease across both him and his tents.
Find

(04-27-2019, 04:26 PM)Nytepisser Wrote:  God I hate the misconception that you need a goddamn Azuredge to get top damage. It's completely wrong.
If you want a guaranteed spot at getting top 6 in eye damage then sure Azuredge is essentially the way to go. It's strong and very accurate.
But for overall top damage? You could EASILY find a galil with matching or higher RPM than the Azuredge which is essentially what you'd want to have for getting top damage.
The tentacles that give the most point (the 6 damage ones) are capped at 6 damage. No gun will ever do more damage than 6 to them due to brass capping it there to stop a ug from being exploited.
Therefore if you have a gun that does 6 damage and also has a higher RPM than the Azuredge then you have a better kraken gun, simple as that.
I personally have experimented with a hydra galil which currently is broken and is not gaining the extra % damage against mobs with 5k or more health. And it does 6 damage to tentacles but only 19 to eyes. Due to my aim though I am still able to consistently hit the eye's 95% of the time with a gun that has -30% accuracy. The galil also has 407 RPM which compared to the Azuredges 390 smth easily outclasses it. If you actually looked at your guns or took some time to compare / do the maths then you'd quickly find that the only thing that makes the azuredge shine is it's ability to hit the eyes with ease and nothing more. The Azuredge is a solid gun, there's no denying it but it's definately not the best for kraken and y'all shitters should stop making that your excuse.

Also my suggestion for making kraken fun / less grindy is to give him his full arsenal at the start of the fight and then just apply a flat health decrease across both him and his tents.

while you may not be completely wrong about the azuredge, it doesnt change the fact that everyone believes that without a super good gun, you aren't going to get anything good. So at that point, people dont want to even try, regardless if they're right or wrong about that.

Your suggestion is not bad though.
Find

easier said than done but what do you think about a different variant of boss during either low player counts or within a certain time frame?
like maybe if theres only 6 people on the lobby you can fish up a serpent or the loch ness monster or some shit

new content + artificial scaling by different boss

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

What can I really say that hasn't already been said, but kraken just takes so long if full lobby is not participating. Even then the fight it self is extremely repetitive just kind of holding down left click for 30+ minutes with barely anything else to do. Also I gotta say I don't like how the boss has to attacks that insta-kill players getting hit by a rock cross stage does not feel fun or fair, this not to mention fps killer ult which is near impossible to dodge on my shito mode pc.
Find

(04-29-2019, 12:22 AM)gfkxj Wrote:  What can I really say that hasn't already been said, but kraken just takes so long if full lobby is not participating. Even then the fight it self is extremely repetitive just kind of holding down left click for 30+ minutes with barely anything else to do. Also I gotta say I don't like how the boss has to attacks that insta-kill players getting hit by a rock cross stage does not feel fun or fair, this not to mention fps killer ult which is near impossible to dodge on my shito mode pc.

You can see the rock coming from a mile away. Plus you can respawn. The fact you respawn is WHY attacks are so harsh.

(04-29-2019, 03:02 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(04-29-2019, 12:22 AM)gfkxj Wrote:  What can I really say that hasn't already been said, but kraken just takes so long if full lobby is not participating. Even then the fight it self is extremely repetitive just kind of holding down left click for 30+ minutes with barely anything else to do. Also I gotta say I don't like how the boss has to attacks that insta-kill players getting hit by a rock cross stage does not feel fun or fair, this not to mention fps killer ult which is near impossible to dodge on my shito mode pc.

You can see the rock coming from a mile away. Plus you can respawn. The fact you respawn is WHY attacks are so harsh.

tl;dr Just dodge lol
Find

(04-27-2019, 02:56 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Problem with making it scale by players inside the zone is it's easily exploitable that way, and promotes doing kraken late night with few people just to better your chances at drops/eyes. It would have to work some other way.

HP currently doesn't scale because it's meant to be something you have to band together to do. Not comparable to bloodwynd or other party-based fights. The fight is also mostly M1 cause coordinating up to 30 people to do something complex would be a nightmare.

The 19 afk rollers on lobby cranking out difficulty of kraken is making night time low people krakens already an idea thanks for suggesting that.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

Just a question, but would it be possible to instead of changing boss health, the game checks the number of people in the boss fight and lets say you have 10 out of 20 people participating then then 10 people in it get a buff so they can ignore part of the damage cap on the tentacles based on the amount of people in the lobby minus the amount of people in the kraken boss fight? You could also make it so it either checks if people are dead so you don't just get the buff during the alt or make it so it only activates requiring a minimum amount of 5 players not present to activate the buff. This buff would be on a timer that refreshes so that way it could periodically make sure no one is using it to cheese.
Find