Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make kraken rewards scale with points.

Now I'm not saying to give more crates to the people that score better/higher. What I am however saying is that people that come in for one down and just deal leech damage should NOT be rewarded for that kind of behaviour. I am spending a major part of my day fishing up and spawning krakens and every time some spoiled cunt whines that I killed TTT and that they're going to leech. Cause why wouldn't they? There seems to be no incentive for these players that perform mediocre during bossfights to actually put in any effort. Therefore I suggest that you put in some kind of cap for actually getting rewards so that people don't just come in and get the same rewards as the people that actually try their best. Obviously this cap shouldn't be put high but it should be put at the level were one would have to actively put in effort to get their rewards.

A second minor change I would like to see is that the fisherman eye goes from 10% chance to 20% chance. It's existence is so negligable that there might as well be no reward for the people that actively try to fish for krakens. Also I have heard something about fishermen getting extra chances at the uniques? Don't know if true or not (believe me I haven't noticed it).
Find

Not all of us have azuredge's. I can fight the kraken without dying once and constantly shooting and get half the damage someone does literally because their gear is better than mine. For a "raid" type boss, that's not very fair nor fun.
Find

(03-13-2019, 03:55 AM)Terran Wrote:  Not all of us have azuredge's. I can fight the kraken without dying once and constantly shooting and get half the damage someone does literally because their gear is better than mine. For a "raid" type boss, that's not very fair nor fun.
You can literally get topdps with a heroic galil and I can prove it tomorrow after I've slept. Just straight dps wise galil's produce higher numbers than azuredges. The only reason azuredges are used is because of the higher accuracy when shooting eyes.
And before you start whining about not having a heroic galil, they're like 20-30k which you can get from a couple hours of playing. And even so, not having "the best gun" doesn't make it okay to be an ass and leech it's a cooperative event and it's not fun having to pull others weight because they have no incentive to do any work. But I'm not completely blaming the people that leech, as I've stated there isn't much reason to for a lot of people to actually try if you just get the same loot from leeching anyways.
Find

I wouldn't say have a minimum required damage to get loot because a newbie could come and try it with a shitty gun and be disheartened if he barely does any damage and doesn't get a single reward. I think it's pretty well balanced right now except it doesn't make much sense that you can go in and shoot kraken for 30 seconds and still get a decent amount of crates compared to people who spend 15 minutes on it
Find

(03-13-2019, 03:57 AM)Nyteman Molester of Santa Wrote:  
(03-13-2019, 03:55 AM)Terran Wrote:  Not all of us have azuredge's. I can fight the kraken without dying once and constantly shooting and get half the damage someone does literally because their gear is better than mine. For a "raid" type boss, that's not very fair nor fun.
You can literally get topdps with a heroic galil and I can prove it tomorrow after I've slept. Just straight dps wise galil's produce higher numbers than azuredges. The only reason azuredges are used is because of the higher accuracy when shooting eyes.
And before you start whining about not having a heroic galil, they're like 20-30k which you can get from a couple hours of playing. And even so, not having "the best gun" doesn't make it okay to be an ass and leech it's a cooperative event and it's not fun having to pull others weight because they have no incentive to do any work. But I'm not completely blaming the people that leech, as I've stated there isn't much reason to for a lot of people to actually try if you just get the same loot from leeching anyways.
I have 4 heroic galils and I used one. Can never break 22kish damage.

(03-13-2019, 04:13 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  I wouldn't say have a minimum required damage to get loot because a newbie could come and try it with a shitty gun and be disheartened if he barely does any damage and doesn't get a single reward. I think it's pretty well balanced right now except it doesn't make much sense that you can go in and shoot kraken for 30 seconds and still get a decent amount of crates compared to people who spend 15 minutes on it

As someone who has done that, I agree on that part. I've done 77 damage to Kraken and got ~30 some crates. I've done ~22k damage and gotten...like 40 crates.
Find

Used to get top every kraken fight with a max suihxe galil(8.1k power). This statement of best gear is invalid unless you count stormforged, but that is literally what it's made for and I think is fair.
Find

(03-13-2019, 05:08 AM)Ace Wrote:  

Used to get top every kraken fight with a max suihxe galil(8.1k power). This statement of best gear is invalid unless you count stormforged, but that is literally what it's made for and I think is fair.

They do scale with points, just not too extreme, it's a community/world boss. There's a min amount of crates you can get, since you can die and lose points. The main thing that changes with point amounts are the unique chances. I don't think any change is needed.

Quote:Not all of us have azuredge's. I can fight the kraken without dying once and constantly shooting and get half the damage someone does literally because their gear is better than mine. For a "raid" type boss, that's not very fair nor fun.

This statement is actually just dumb, terran. Players with better gear can and most likely SHOULD perform better at PvE. That's just how things go, and how it is in like every online RPG known to fucking man... But.. without that, what the hell is even the point of having better weapons in the game?? This isn't some competitive player vs player event, it's a 'world boss' that has a static HP amount every time it spawns, no matter the player count. There's a big reason why there's not an actual scoreboard, the final resulting score doesn't really matter as much as the fact the boss was actually defeated. Just because you don't get top damage, doesn't mean you have 0 chance of getting any unique drops.. The first stormforged that dropped was like 9th place.

Look at OSRS Chambers of Xeric. Each player has points similar to this, based on the amount of work they've done. Someone with a TBOW and max gear, and better stats will always have more points than someone who doesn't. More points = better chance at a unique drop in your name.

Also yes, the person who proc'd the kraken gets double unique rolls (so they are 2x as common for them), and extra crates/even more enraged eye chances.
Find

(03-13-2019, 05:23 AM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  
(03-13-2019, 05:08 AM)Ace Wrote:  

Didn't have Sagittarius at the time of using the suihxe galil tho
Find

I can confirm I used to watch that mad man Ace get top DPS with just a Suhixe. And I myself get at least top 5 with a Divine and no sag. It really not that hard. I do understand what Nyte is getting at.
im gay
Find