Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fix grims

Either have one checkpoint right before the boss or have boss be like the rats and be able to go thru you since if he teleports into you and gets you stuck its instant death
(yes i tried to crouch jump out of it)
Find

Our run's final boss consisted of Micro getting stuck in morgoth after he teleported, and Morgoth switching between two people deciding who he wanted to shoot a beam at and chose the one that he wasn't looking at.

Morgoth isn't a fun boss to be put against anymore. The chipping of your health and the constant chasing to blast you if you don't have enough mobility definitely doesn't show skill. If you let him move through you, you will just die if you put in that change. Bad idea.

I see lots of people quit after a wipe and it's definitely reasonable to see why they don't want to play in the first place. Grims was fun when you could use boxes to trap bosses, but it's a shame that it basically meant that you won no matter what happened.
Find

he always did that tho

I'd hate to see a checkpoint added this late especially when IoD exists, while being much harder with no "hand holding" second try mechanic

As for the second part, not many people were around for this or even remember but morgoth did have no collision at one point and that was really easily abusable by walking right through him
A change like that would make morgoth even more of a joke considering all the general changes to FRG over the years(improvements in strats, multiple different healing methods, and general powercreep)

He really shouldn't be able to get stuck in players though and that should probably be fixed
Find

I'd love to see a checkpoint system like horus as additional attempts are an immediate quit and serve almost no purpose. There's almost no reward for how "hard"/buggy morgoth is. I would really like Grims more if it was more fun to win.

You can chalk it up to it being super old and outdated, but rewards just barely ever got better over time. Remember when ancient cases and additional item crates were added. That didn't last very long, probably because it wasn't very rewarding in the first place. It's just pretty silly that you can't even get 10k worth of crates through a normal run to hope not to have dumb things happen. I'd like an event that gave you 100 item crates just for going through a run. Think of it, 7.5k of crates and even though they aren't very good, that's still some entertainment seeing what you get out of the most random crate.

Artificially making people play grims and survive isn't even worth it either, seeing as so many people have the power to initialize castle. Something cool that I thought of to make ancient keys worth while is if you have all of them, you get another one of those drop slots in castle.
Find

I don't mind fixing it up, to an extent. I probably will also just remove the multiple-attempts system, and give you 1 try. I should beable to fix a lot of it with the nextbot experience I have now.

I don't really want to remake a ton of old code, but I could at the least fix up his collisions and some of his unfair attacks. (And refactor the loot a bit)
Find

(03-13-2019, 08:57 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I don't mind fixing it up, to an extent. I probably will also just remove the multiple-attempts system, and give you 1 try. I should beable to fix a lot of it with the nextbot experience I have now.

I don't really want to remake a ton of old code, but I could at the least fix up his collisions and some of his unfair attacks. (And refactor the loot a bit)

Yes to ALL, thank you soo much. Can you let us know in changelogs so we can do grims.
Find

Find