Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Idea for CANCER Zodiac

I was thinking since there are new "power creep"/"cancer" traits.
I though of a new Zodiac idea and it would be Cancer Zodiac,

Basically it would Remove/nullify ALL and ANY screen traits. (AKA despair,frost,Eerie,Engraved)
This would be a passive ability like Sagittarius where you only have to pull out the gun to get ability.

Main ability would remove/nullify ALL and ANY effects of DOT.
But you have to active it before any DOT's procs,

(Example: active ability and it has timer for 40 seconds and you can't be proc'ed by ANY DOT's in that 40 seconds But you will still take damage if you get proc'ed before you active the ability)

Credit: Tj1524
Find

Cancer zodiac gives a micro boss voice line whenever you shoot with it

crediting tj instead of me when clear rip from anarchic godsword idea smh

- That Thrakos Noob

residentsleeper
Bouncy Rounds
Find

The cancer zodiac was initially left out due to lack of great ideas and the overall meminess of it.

Zodiacs were meant to be a handful of unique traits only accessible by extincts, not extremely powerful or even overly useful in some cases, just unique.
I think the best thing in a case where some suffixes or effects are too strong or "cancer" would be to just lessen them than build around the problem with a zodiac trait, it'll be a much bigger problem down the road.

I also don't agree with the trait you're suggesting, I think that swapping to your secondary when expecting a gunfight and have a blanket immunity to DoT especially for that long is seriously strong.
Aquarius does something similar for fire and it's very strong in that regard but just fire and nothing else. I think the Fool's World trait would have been a great fit for cancer if it was ever added.
Find

The only response I have about what Kuro said about zodiacs are that:
  1. They're hard to get the one you want.
  2. Not everyone will have this one at the ready, because most people either using a challenge scroll, or won't be paying attention.
  3. This will compete with how useful sagittarius is, or sag needs to be brought down to the level of the other ones.
  4. Not everyone's guns rely on a DOT to kill someone.

Now that that's said, I think Micro worded this terribly. When he was talking about the passive, he meant that ONLY the screen effect get stopped, the damage still happens. When he was talking about active, I never said to give it a long time. I think the active would be around 10 seconds or it would just null the first DOT given to you.
Find

At first I thought this meant it would prevent any and all DoTs and I thought wow thats overpowered.

But then removing any and all screen effects but not the actual effects? Wow that is incredibly lame.
Find

Aquarius "cures" DoTs while in the water cube.
Find

i would think something like "Cancer" would amplify DoTs and maybe all procs

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(03-07-2019, 11:02 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  i would think something like "Cancer" would amplify DoTs and maybe all procs

i want a item that removes powercreep/Screen cancer not make it worse.
Find