Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[BUFF] Esoteric

After temping someones eso for an extended period of time, and have given it some thought, I believe that the eso is in need of a few changes.

First thing to address is related to its viability in events, I used it as an alternative to an azuredge for a little while (before sweaty, divine, and distorted got added and blew it out of the water) and I think it should keep this ability to compete with event galils, possibly give it more base damage (19 per shot at max currently) or firerate, even give it more reload speed? With the finaility the way it is, i see no issue giving it a small buff in that regard. One of the worst aspects of the gun, any buffs to it aside, is the fact that the crosshair can cover nearly your entire screen after a kraken fight. Just remove this entirely, no need for accuracy to reduce at all. Here's a picture if you don't know what I mean.Image

As far as use of it in ttt, 30 seconds is way too long for the bees to be on cooldown for given the damage they do and how many it deploys, I would suggest making it 6 bees instead of 4 and 10-20 seconds instead of 30. And there is around a 1-2 second cooldown after activating the bee ability this should be removed entirely, you have no ability to shoot back at someone after using the ability and no other gun has such a penalty. (contrast with eveningstar which can shoot immediately after shooting ice shards)

Its been a few months since I used it, so if any of this has changed, please alert me and I'll edit the thread, other than that please leave your suggestions.

yes. the esoteric has so much potential to be a fun gun but it has so many drawbacks that the proc is literally only usable as a meme
the cooldown after you shoot needs to yeet away and never be seen again and the 30 second cooldown is way way way too long for the little damage output it gives

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

yOu jUSt waNT iT buFFEd cUz U HavE oNE
Find

I think I can agree, it looks really underwhelming. Compared to some of the recent power creep godlikes, something like the BEES gun should be given a bit of a makeover.
Find

Agreed, Buff all Pet guns
Find

Buffing older godlikes is a slippery slope.

Once I buff one old, outdated item, you can bet more threads will be made of other old outdated godlikes that need a rework. It's a workload I really don't want to take on at the moment.

Does it still have mandatory dof? If it does, that's annoying. The big crosshairs drive me crazy when they could be on par with other weapons. Something I thought of when someone wanted the esoteric changed was that the bees would be colored and the colors would determine how to hurt them by a specific type of gun as in primary, secondary and melee.
Find

(02-26-2019, 08:00 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Buffing older godlikes is a slippery slope.

Once I buff one old, outdated item, you can bet more threads will be made of other old outdated godlikes that need a rework. It's a workload I really don't want to take on at the moment.

Could I suggest that rather than updating older godlikes in some way(other than necessary bug fixes) you could keep a list of godlike changes you'd want to make in the future and save them for the extinct batches down the line?
It'd be better for the economy, give more benefits to extincting guns, as well as be an update you could make all at once rather than have to go back constantly and update things one at a time
Find

The reason i have to disagree kuro is because making extincts is another workload that has to be taken on anyways. I dont believe it will do anything for the economy because look at the fact that extincts cost around 500-600k to make then will only sell for like 200k (except for ccd sag) we already have people who scream powercreep at the top of their lungs. Doesnt buffing guns by adding new versions of them actually define powercreep? And powercreep is not a bad thing but in the context of guns needing changes and them being obtained by making newer more expensive version of the guns doesnt seem like the correct solution. The guns should be adjusted to being viable then have an extinct version that comes out
Find

you gotta eventually :pepehands:
outdated guns have to be kept up to date to keep everything interesting, im not sayin you have to do it all at once but when threads come up and IF you have downtime (ik you dont rn) then itd be a nice way to keep the game fresh for some players who care about it

- That Thrakos Noob
Find