Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

We should do something about making it easier for new players

I wanted to post a thread similar to this but in regards to the lobby.

Now that it's open to the public without needing to go through TTT, there's a large lack of activities to actually do for someone brand new who joins the lobby for the first time.
I realized after the other night when 2 brand new guys joined, and it was what I'd have to assume was an awful experience.
I did Bloodwynd with them, and provided them a fishing rod but I had almost no answers as to how they actually get started IN the lobby.
Fishing provides negative value as they would need money to get started and it's just a coin sink at the moment and they're stuck waiting 4 hours for their bloodwynd cooldown with nothing else to do but wait.

I'd like to see a few things redesigned specifically with new players in mind so they have a better experience with the lobby(which has nearly caught up to TTT in rank if you did not know)

With the initial part of fishing it is absolutely unavailable to new players and impossible to get into. It SHOULD remain a coin sink overall but I think that the starting rod should be free to use and very low if anything to repair. When a starter fishing rod repair costs 2.5x more than clearing an IoD cooldown I'd think there's some inbalance.

Being able to do Bloodwynd consistently would give new players something to do on the lobby in terms of making money and gaining levels. I'd like to see him moved down to a solo boss, have little to no cooldown for failing, and have a way to pay Tobi to allow you back in if you were to win(no changes to bloodwynds health or attacks).

Messages In This Thread
RE: We should do something about making it easier for new players - Kuro - 02-24-2019, 03:43 PM