Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] Make Oracle Shield Damage Karma

I'm all for removing the damage (I don't really think it does anything to help the weapon/doesn't make a lot of sense) IF it was replaced with something else; I think a while ago during the time of Brass' post there was a discussion of changing it to a screen effect to punish those that rush it by disorienting them but it never ended up happening.

I do think the argument of comparing it to a bow AoE/incendiary grenade/blackhole is pretty stupid, the shield isn't doesn't have defensive properties it's quite literally a defensive item entirely. Those things you're comparing it to are not defensive weapons - they were made all for the purpose of offense. There's no way to determine if the shield was "justified" because its a static defensive weapon that takes up hardly any space, there's no real reason to not use it if you're feeling threatened/in a compromising position which is a very subjective feeling. Players often like to have cover around them and if they find themselves in a hallway with no cover, I would easily argue that it's justified to want to put up a shield just in case. I don't even think the damage is a huge issue tbh, I've never run into a situation where I've been annoyed or even a little bothered by other people placing shields. I think a huge majority of the time it's used properly and you're kind've just being a baby about it.

Also the Oracle shield doesn't blend in at all anymore. Since it's become blue, it's a literal eyesore (one of the ugliest things on the server i m o, there's no way you're calling the tiny ass blackhole "giant" and saying it doesn't blend in - it's a literal neutral color.)
Actually saying it blends in more than those other things you mentioned is pretty dumb, those things are all tiny and reside on the floor where the shield is at least eye-level lol.

- That Thrakos Noob

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CHANGE] Make Oracle Shield Damage Karma - Unpoke - 02-22-2019, 07:22 PM