Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Change] Untradeable Enraged Eye

Hello, I am resident non-fisher man, however, comma, I recently dropped an untradeable eye from Kraken and it is a bunch of bullpuckie.
This isn't a meme I swear bear with me, TJ just argue with me about this for like 10 minutes and now I'm mad and have a headache.
I dropped the eye almost a week ago, and I can literally do nothing with it because I don't fish and have zero finger dexterity. I know with 99% certainty that if I try to do it I will lose and get nothing.
I simply just think that its a little silly that you can drop something from a lobby wide boss fight, that is frowned upon to not participate in due to HP scaling, that you are pretty much screwed with if you drop and don't fish.
I understand why the eye isn't tradeable, I know that Brass doesn't want people simply trading around the eye and getting loot with no skill needed. I have been told (and I'm not sure is true because I'm too lazy to fact check) that the untradeable eye is the top eye damage eye. So, you already had to have the skill to get top 5 eye damage to get the eye in the first place. Wouldn't it make more sense for the random eyes to be untradeable in this case?

I digress

What I am suggesting is a simply change so that you aren't just screwed if you drop an eye and are horrible at fishing like myself.
Just remove Rusty Key from the drop table of the eye and make it so you can choose to do the eye or just take the easy road and trade in the eye at Mack for an untradeable Rusty Key (rod).
Rusty Key is pretty much worthless in value and gets you a rod 90% of the time anyway.

If anyone has any better ideas i'm all ears.

there's probably a lot of run on sentences and grammar issues im sorry TJ tilted me

thx

(02-07-2019, 07:05 PM)Mousey Wrote:  Hello, I am resident non-fisher man, however, comma, I recently dropped an untradeable eye from Kraken and it is a bunch of bullpuckie.
This isn't a meme I swear bear with me, TJ just argue with me about this for like 10 minutes and now I'm mad and have a headache.
I dropped the eye almost a week ago, and I can literally do nothing with it because I don't fish and have zero finger dexterity. I know with 99% certainty that if I try to do it I will lose and get nothing.
I simply just think that its a little silly that you can drop something from a lobby wide boss fight, that is frowned upon to not participate in due to HP scaling, that you are pretty much screwed with if you drop and don't fish.
I understand why the eye isn't tradeable, I know that Brass doesn't want people simply trading around the eye and getting loot with no skill needed. I have been told (and I'm not sure is true because I'm too lazy to fact check) that the untradeable eye is the top eye damage eye. So, you already had to have the skill to get top 5 eye damage to get the eye in the first place. Wouldn't it make more sense for the random eyes to be untradeable in this case?

I digress

What I am suggesting is a simply change so that you aren't just screwed if you drop an eye and are horrible at fishing like myself.
Just remove Rusty Key from the drop table of the eye and make it so you can choose to do the eye or just take the easy road and trade in the eye at Mack for an untradeable Rusty Key (rod).
Rusty Key is pretty much worthless in value and gets you a rod 90% of the time anyway.

If anyone has any better ideas i'm all ears.

there's probably a lot of run on sentences and grammar issues im sorry TJ tilted me  

thx

I'd say its doing the job pretty well. I really didn't like the fact people wouldn't fish their own eyes, and gave them to others to fish up.

It was also changed because the same select few people were getting the guaranteed ones, making others salty as they controlled most of the weapons/items that come from them. Making them fish their own eyes up is a great way to mitigate that issue, as it lowers the success rate of the eyes, since everyone traded like one other person anyways to do them.

It makes more sense for the strictly RNG drops to be tradeable.. Anything guaranteed usually is untradeable, and it also means there's really nothing to lose from trying it, so you might as well borrow someones ancient rod, and give it a shot.

Worst case: You lose an untradeable item, that is useless to you outside of this.
Best case: You succeed and get something cool.
Find

I, too, like the idea of un-trade-able things. I always thought Djinn crates should be un-trade-able, so this follows the same vein for me.

Maybe a possible minor change is that you could trade in the Enraged Eye for fish-bucks, if you didn't want to try fishing with it?

yeah fair, i was just angery because TJ is dUMB
Find

I'm just saying, with enough practice of the 6 letters, it's not very hard and I believe hand dexterity has nothing to do with that. You WILL eventually learn where the buttons are.
Find

I do think it'd be smart to give a different use to it that is useful, just if people would like that. Makes sense to me anyways.

Make Djons Untradeable
Find

(02-07-2019, 08:09 PM)Terran Wrote:  Make Djons Untradeable

I think it is a little late to make them untradeable. If they were ever going to be untradeable, it would have been year and half ago before Mammon was defeated for the first time.

(02-07-2019, 09:17 PM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  
(02-07-2019, 08:09 PM)Terran Wrote:  Make Djons Untradeable

I think it is a little late to make them untradeable. If they were ever going to be untradeable, it would have been year and half ago before Mammon was defeated for the first time.

Sadly this but I wish they were always untradeable
Find

Small compromise, make it to where you have to put coins on the eye to make it tradeable. Say 10-20k or so maybe, Idunno.

It is only the 100% chance eye that is untradeable. The RNG ones, or the 1 in 10 ones you get for proc'ing the fight, or getting 1st place are still trade-able.
Find