Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fishing Ideas :D

New Fishing Mechanic  ----  Harpoon-based Weapons

You're able to purchase different kinds of harpoons/harpoon launchers from Mack, each with different stats. When you equip a harpoon-based weapon, it replaces your rod until you leave the fishing area.

Both come with a breathing apparatus that allows you to breathe underwater as long as you are actively harpooning (so no-go on the kraken fight)

Rather than trying to spear a pirate hat, misc items such as keys/accessories/weapons have a small chance of appearing inside the fish you catch.

Weapons Type ----  Harpoon

Harpoon: A harpoon that you hold in you hand. You swim around, and as you do, you will see shadows appear that you can chase. If you catch up and left click, you will be prompted with a sliding game where if you press space in the green area, you catch the fish. The bigger the fish, the faster it goes.

Different harpoons could affect speed, general quality of fish, chance to find misc. items, how often you see fish, how fast you move, etc.

Only you can see the fish that you spot (Which means you can't steal your friend's fish, Beebee).

Weapon Type ---- Harpoon Launcher

Harpoon Launcher: High powered gun that launches harpoons with a string attached. You swim around, and as you do, you will see shadows appear that you can chase. If you see a fish, you can lock on with left click, where you then have to follow the fish with your crosshair for (x) amount of seconds before you can shoot. If your cursor leaves the target, you fail and need to find another fish. x is relative to the size of fish. Different fish move at different speeds, higher tier, faster they go.

Different harpoon launchers could affect time delay before being able to shoot, frequency you see fish, size of target, chance to find misc. items, and quality of fish.

Only you can see the fish that you spot.

New Fishing Mechanic  ----  Net Fishing

Net Fishing:

You're able to purchase different kinds of nets from Mack, each with different stats. When you equip a net, it replaces your rod until you leave the fishing area. While standing on shore right next to the water, you can right click the net to set a trap, starting on land and stretching outward into the water a little bit. After waiting for a little bit, fish will start to swim in, and you need to left click them as they do. They only appear as shadows until you catch them. When you left click a fish you will lunge toward them (like when you use the energy sword), and get a prompt to left or right click as a prompt pops up. If you get them all correct, you catch the fish. The bigger the fish, the faster the prompt is. I'm thinking that semi-aquatic creatures can be added to this too, such as crabs, starfish, turtles, etc. This is still a W.I.P., and will add to it as I get feedback for the idea. :D

Lures

Lure Type ---- Chum

Lure Type: Chum
Cost: 2500
Durability: 1
When you cast your rod out, you throw chum in the water around your landing position, increasing catch rate and the chance to catch bigger fish in a small pool of water for everyone for 10 minutes. This has a serverwide cooldown of 1 hour, and the effects are doubled for the user.

Rods

Rod  ---- UltraSuperCatcher3000™

Rod Name: UltraSuperCatcher3000™
Rarity: Godlike (Attainable through new fishing crate as a standard godlike roll chance)
Description: *slams rod against ground* "This bad boy can handle so many fish."
Catch Rate:  70
Durability: 100
Strength: 2
Unique Trait: Has a 1/4 chance to prompt you with another catch of the same level immediately after completing a successful one. Can stack, extra caught fish don't lower durability. Time to reel reduced by 30%. (slightly reduced chance of rusty keys, scrolls, and disturbing kraken)

Rod  ----  Ol' Faithful

Rod Name: Ol' Faithful
Rarity: Godlike (Only attainable through Mack. He will sell to those he thinks are worthy [those with master angler title]. Will sell for 5k fish currency. Untradeable.)
Description: This old rod from Mack's personal collection, though appearing quite sturdy, requires great strength to reel in. For an unknown reason, smaller fish avoid this rod at all costs.
Catch Rate: -30
Durability: 100
Strength: 20
Unique Trait: Doubles the letters per catch, grants +50% reel time, and repels all 2-4 base letter fish.

Additional Thoughts

This was just a collection of some ideas I had, and since fishing 2.0 is coming out soonish (Maybe), I thought I'd throw it out there. Would like constructive feedback so I can improve it. Thanks ^-^
Find

'rare' spots of fish in the lake that changed locations even if spawned in, could be cool.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

+1 great ideas + fishing needs more stuff
Find