Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nexus Repeater Changes

So, as far as I know, there's no real advantage to using the alternate (right click) fire on the Nexus Repeater. It's the same amount of damage, with lower overall accuracy, in the same time frame. There's 3 changes to the right click that I could think of to make it more practical and actually worth using.

1. Make it more like a repeater, and burst like a famas. I'm thinking 3 shots that fire 2 bullets each in very short time (250-1000 milliseconds), with a short cooldown in between each burst. This will make it more bursty, better at a medium range, but punishing if you miss.

2. Make it shoot an extra bullet with the same firerate but with lower accuracy, in a consistent pattern. Something like ( .'. ) , ( ... ) , or ( '.' ) could all work. This would drain your ammo significantly faster and reduce the effectiveness mid-close range, but be significantly better short range (like a shotgun).

3. Make holding right click modify your primary fire for a -very- short time/limited number of bullets. This could be like Aezurth where you hold right click, and then after the bar is filled, your primary fire could: a) double shoot for a second or two like the current right click, but with the primary's firerate. b) have aoe bullets for a clip or until reload. c) not consume ammo until the bar drained (3-5 seconds).

I would like to say that I'm not great at balancing (I don't think), but as of right now, the alt-fire on the NR is just not as good as primary, and these are some ways that could improve it. I'm sure some people smarter than me will post better ideas on how to improve it, I just wanted to shine light on the subject and give you some of my input. Thanks for reading. ^-^

This is funny. Everyone and their mothers on FRG said the right click is absolutely busted, but I argued that it wasn't nearly as busted as people thought.
Find

Wait, is that the extra-shotgun attack? I'm not trying to yesman you Brass, but I used a nexus repeater for the first time and I was complaining about it. You lose like half your firerate and serious accuracy for a burst fire. I thought it sucked.
Find

Really Terran? When I was leveling up mine I said, "This is a fucking broken gun, how could this be still op after two nerfs!?" And it is a broken gun and gets called the no skill gun. It is a Mac10, doesn't need much to be a formidable weapon.

The right click is broken, you're just looking at it the wrong way. It isn't a "click this button to deal more damage" it is a "click this button to hedge your bets."
Assuming 20% damage
M1 damage scale: 0,14,46
M2 damage scale: 0,7,14,23,30,46
You use the primary when you're sure about a kill and the secondary when you you're unsure about a kill. Examples, someone spooked you when you're on a rampage, a guy is jumping to much, or a guy is low health and want to secure a kill.

The first thing the NR needs is a nerf before anything is added to the weapon (imo). It is a Mac10, it has great stats, it has a good proc, it has mobility boost (Enough have dropped to say every NR has it) and it has an option to hedge the bet when shooting.
Find

How is the alt fire better in any way to the primary fire? It's slower, has the same dps, and is less accurate.
Find

even if it isn't necessarily better, the gun is really really solid (controversial synonym: overloaded) as is. most guns don't have a shotgunning option to them on top of being good
Find

I wouldn't say the right click makes the gun really better, it's more like it makes it way easier to use. Especially for people with trash aim. You don't have to compensate for recoil as much, which btw I actually found pretty difficult with full auto, and the inaccuracy from it makes it so you have to barely aim to hit random shots.
Find