Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New rules discussions(v3?)

(01-23-2019, 06:42 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I was thinking about how much you can get away with as a Traitor, and because of that a lot of T weapons are simply not utilized (Flaregun, decoy, etc).

I think we need a massive refactoring of some of our core rules (Kos off locations, sound, and other info).

Some rules I was thinking of refactoring/expanding upon is the Traitor baiting rule, and changing it into a "Committing Traitorous act = kosable" rule, as follows:

I was going to originally post on the other thread about this but a majority of the time the reason some T items are unused is because they are useless to spend a credit on.
Most people understand that DNA is already one of the most effective ways to find and kill someone, so a reasonable traitor wouldn't spend a credit on a decoy to divert a detective for a minute, they would just kill the detective and dispose of the scanner. That way you have two credits usable on something infinitely more valuable to help you win the round.

I feel like changing rules around won't affect "sweaty" play as much as you think it would and have some detrimental effects on newer people who would get absolutely destroyed by experienced people who can make the most use of the new ways to kill people. The older people are still skilled enough(or carried enough by inventory) to overcome any new rules and newer people would get shit on twice as hard.

(01-23-2019, 06:42 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
  • Committing traitorous acts makes you kosable (Obvious right?)
    Traitorous acts could include(but not limited to):
    • Walking through/BLATANTLY avoiding bear traps.
    • Blatantly fleeing the scene of an UNID'd body, or ignoring unid'd bodies. For instance, if someone is fleeing a room and you see a body in there, but saw no call outs between the two, you should be safe to kill said person. It's on them for not calling out the other person if they happened to be Innocent. If they did call it out and you missed it and kill them, you could take a slay. (Decided at staff discretion if reported)
    • Shooting at or near someone. This does Not include OBVIOUSLY shooting at a wall or consensual testing of weapons by shooting in legs.
    • Exploding explosive barrels near someone.
    • Planting C4 or remote bombs.
    • Having T weapons without calling our you have one from a dead traitor. Even using one from a dead traitor is a risk you have to take as an innocent.
    • Damaging or killing others, UNLESS for self-defense. However, it's a little hard to prove if self defense. Any thoughts?

I wanted to add to this and say that endangering anyone in any way should be KOSable and as long as a person has a right to kill if they do kill it should be considered RDM and warrant a slay if they are killed for it. Since you didn't include it how about we stop senseless killing over if someone is innocent or not and instead whether or not they had a reason to?
That *should* stop RDM trains from happening

Messages In This Thread
New rules discussions(v3?) - Brassx - 01-23-2019, 06:42 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Terran - 01-23-2019, 09:39 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Unpoke - 01-23-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Brassx - 01-23-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Kuro - 01-23-2019, 05:07 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Brassx - 01-23-2019, 05:15 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Kuro - 01-24-2019, 01:48 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Dreadark - 01-24-2019, 02:27 AM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Terran - 01-23-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: New rules discussions(v3?) - Dreadark - 01-24-2019, 12:40 AM