Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Do we expand to zombie survival?
Yes(With some obvious modifications to fine-tune the experience)
No (Please state why)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions?

(01-20-2019, 02:31 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  I didn't vote but I feel a new game mode could very well put the final nail in the coffin for TTT. Or at least cause a split. TTT is already struggling. Introducing an entirely new game mode isn't going to help it.

This isn't really about TTT. TTT hasn't been very active for months. Only around our seasonal updates. Our players simply don't seem to want to play, no matter what is changed with the gamemode. TTT is also extremely over-saturated with servers, with some having like 30 of their own on the server browser. I saw more new people join ZS in 4 hours of gameplay than I have in weeks or months of FRG's TTT server.

This could cause a split, but it could also be very good for the community as a whole. Opening up our economy systems to a whole new untapped player base, to hook them, and let them see our other cool server-defining features.

The sad truth is now TTT is the least unique thing we offer currently, there's way too many other TTT servers out there that rip'd us off and appealed to a more casual/trendy player base, that now, our gameplay formula for TTT that we've had for years is over-saturated (Drops, minigames, economy, etc). Any other big changes we propose to make to the gamemode are received with mix-responses, despite most of the people not even playing it often. Some say they still enjoy TTT.. But then why aren't you playing?

While it's been the 'main server' for us for a long time, If we get new 'main' servers(Realms/ZS/TTT) for our players to play on, it doesn't entirely matter. As long as they are playing on FRG, why does it matter? We should focus more on whats fun and less on what MIGHT happen to TTT. Our systems will transfer seamlessly between them, so it will always feel like FRG, but the game mode you're playing is different! That doesn't mean you can't go between them as you choose.

I still have some big updates for TTT planned, that actually expand to all of our gamemodes, it will definitely make things feel fresh. I still don't think a new gamemode would hurt anything. Our inactive players who dislike TTT right now and don't play will just remain inactive if ZS isn't added.. However, they might come back to play ZS until other bigger updates are out, thus possibly bringing in a bunch of new players to check out our other systems.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zombie survival. - Ace - 01-20-2019, 12:10 AM
RE: Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? - Brassx - 01-20-2019, 03:04 PM