Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logic Killing for Bear Traps

(01-12-2019, 07:04 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  Honestly, These are the types of things why I'm not having as much fun as I think I am. Just tired of the eventual death I'll be dealt when I can't do much as an innocent. I liked when you could play with the traitors and saying "I dunno, this dead guy's last words are calling you suspicious." People's signature T items are also fun to tease certain people with, like alex and disguiser, Beebee with teleporters, Me with death stations.

And the fact that when I'm a T, there's some sweat kings that are trigger happy 24/7, kill you for anything, report and don't forgive for anything just to finish their scrolls, weapon levels, etc.

It seems like nowadays no one wants to play around and are only going for +1 on scrolls. I only want to get on when there's a low-medium amount of people on. I get why Catbug doesn't like full servers.

See this is the issue:

Quote:Just tired of the eventual death I'll be dealt when I can't do much as an innocent.

Quote:And the fact that when I'm a T, there's some sweat kings that are trigger happy 24/7, kill you for anything, report and don't forgive for anything just to finish their scrolls, weapon levels, etc.

On one hand, people say they can't do ANYTHING. On the other, they say people kill for EVERYTHING. If we loosen the logical rules again, will it make those already trigger-happy players, even more so?

I also fully agree with Dread, I was saying this the other day in discord. I was so out of touch with how TTT is played today, I killed a guy, had 4 people behind me 'facing the other direction'. They turned around soon after the person died, but didn't KOS me because they didn't 'directly see it'. I was 100% expecting to die, yet I did not. I thought that was really absurd.

I definitely think some form of logic-rework needs to happen, we should maybe put faith in people to have BASIC logic, (i.e. thinking what exactly could happen that fast.). Person running from UNID'd body? You SHOULD be able to kos them in most situation, if no one was called out or nothing was said, etc. But context is really important when determining if logic is ok.

I feel like the gamemode in general simply stopped caring about ALL the info left on bodies. How long ago they died, what weapon, what they were typing, and who they were with last should all be able to be used in some logical form together. I'm not saying you can check for the weapon and KOS the first player you see using said weapon, but honestly what's the point of all this information when nothing is done with it anymore..

I remember way back, detectives were about more than just DNA, you'd review evidence on a body and based on the time of death, and everything else, you'd make some kind of logical decision, even use the visualizer! It was just part of the game, mistakes were just a normal part. As long as it didn't rely on too many assumptions, and wasn't at random, it wasn't a huge deal in the end.
Find

Messages In This Thread
Logic Killing for Bear Traps - Beebee1303 - 01-11-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - Terran - 01-11-2019, 10:17 PM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - Brassx - 01-12-2019, 03:07 AM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - TJ1524 - 01-12-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - Brassx - 01-13-2019, 02:03 AM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - TJ1524 - 01-13-2019, 08:08 AM