Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logic Killing for Bear Traps

(01-12-2019, 01:13 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  although i will say that i have killed an inno because of it before, but if that happens you should just take the slay, itll just be a risk you need to take.

See, it's this type of logic that makes logical rules hard to determine. The fact you killed an inno for it shows it's not really a reliable source of logic, but at the same time it makes you feel incredibly frustrated that you can't do anything but wait for death in that situation.

Walking through a bear trap and not triggering it is more acceptable. But killing someone for 'running at you' or 'looking at you' is much more questionable.

Quote:this isn’t logic killing it’s assumption killing

He's right. You're assuming too much in this situation.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for loosening up the rules, but we give an inch people take a mile, so it has to be done very cautiously. Last thing we want is for people to start killing others for just looking at them "HE AIMED AT MY HEAD SO I SHOT HIM".

I'd love to have a much more in depth discussion about logical killing and what should and shouldn't be allowed though. It's really rough to do because logical killing often has T's feel like they've been 'cheated' out of a round, and get super salty. That's why the rules and how they are taken have evolved over the years. Staff members trying to reduce the amount of salt, especially if someone makes a mistake and kills the wrong person based on logic. (Not to mention logic is different per person. Everyone has their own ideas on what 'logic' is)

I think the over all goal of said discussion should be to reduce tension and create a more relaxed TTT experience. If someone makes a mistake, you should often just let it go. RDM doesn't have to end in a slay every time, especially if it's a legit mistake.

Messages In This Thread
Logic Killing for Bear Traps - Beebee1303 - 01-11-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - Terran - 01-11-2019, 10:17 PM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - Brassx - 01-12-2019, 03:07 AM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - TJ1524 - 01-12-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - Brassx - 01-13-2019, 02:03 AM
RE: Logic Killing for Bear Traps - TJ1524 - 01-13-2019, 08:08 AM