Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Change Lyrus fight.

The problem with Lyrus isn't just the boss, but the players. The whole fight is to get more 1s than everyone else, even if it means throwing out some of the eggs people use. This could easily be solved by making it so Lyrus can't take any damage when the orbs are up.

Another problem is being targeted. Being targeted means you literally die, basically no questions asked. You might get lucky and it might switch, but people will die and it's out of their control. Lyrus does just too much damage quickly when he does the three slams towards someone.

Having the godlike drop based on place is a bad idea for an event like this because of the two thing above. I know it's only to prevent it from dropping to a person who did no work (presumably because they died too quickly due to lyrus targeting).

While we're at it, kraken still can be shot at during the "all tentacles just went down" phase.
Find

+1 But my suggestion is to make the orbs give the same score as shooting lyrus when orbs are up. Just anything that incentivizes shooting orbs.
Find

An award needs to be given for shooting orb and the award should be worth more than getting chip damage on lyrus. With the current system,a you have to ignore the orbs to get the best possible chance at godlike I do it and so many others do too.
Find

I agree with Nyte's idea.
Having the orbs take 1's as damage towards your total score would completely fix this.

Also, you just have to get used to lyrus' attacks. His rampage would be solved if it could proc at a distance, cause even though I know how to dodge it if i'm all the way across the map he runs to the center before using the attack, which pushes me into a corner meaning at least 2 of his hits will usually connect.

I put a lot of effort myself into learning his attacks, and his rampage isnt as big of a deal anymore. If you do feel it could be nerfed brassx, perhaps make it so the shoots of lava that go through the ground dont do 34 damage each.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

I have zero problem dodging during the Lyrus fight except for the up close swipe/lava splash thing. Feels like that one always hits me when I'm in distance.

Her rampage is not hard to dodge at all, the thing that fucks me is the AOE during the rampage. If I'm in distance those will hit me every time with seemingly no way of dodging

The Orbs should give 2x damage so chipping would reward players who directly contribute to downing the Lyrus, giving the same would still encourage people to stay on the Lyrus while everyone else kills orbs as they get the same score. I want there to be a similar delay before going down that Kraken has to give people who shoot orbs a chance to reload/reposition themselves.
Find

It's a large fight, with attacks that are mostly easy to dodge. I don't really think it needs to be made too much easier, though I can agree with the some of proposed changes, and will try to make some of the attacks a little more fair(and make chipping not a valid strat). A small change in terms of damage or how easy something is to dodge can go a long way in terms of fight difficulty, especially when there's a lot of people involved. It's hard to make a giant boss fight vs 16 people(that can attack the boss at range with guns), without a ton of AoE/aggro swaps, it's very difficult to make the fight spooky/challenging while also making it feel at least a little rewarding/fair.

Look at it this way: If everyone could easily dodge every single attack 100% of the time, or the boss didn't get dangerously close, it would be super easy, and that's not much fun.. That doesn't challenge players. With us being limited in terms of player-abilities (no dodge/invincibility frames), and players using guns, it really limits what I can do. I do think it's a little unfair to the player, and has some poor-boss-design elements by choice, because of that, but It's really some of the only things I could think of to bring a giant melee-based-boss into a 16 player gun fight. (Speaking of some of her more unfair attacks, that are pretty difficult to dodge)

I have personally verified that all of her attacks are dodge-able, some being very difficult to dodge. However, I think most of the 'missed dodges' from his lava-ground attacks comes from low client FPS, that could cause the real position of the attack to lag behind a little more, making you have to 'pre dodge' it even more, also his rampage attack already shouldn't trigger if you're too close to him. His rampage attack also stops tracking you soon after it begins(I think after the first or second slam, don't fully recall offhand), meaning it's much easier to dodge than it leads on. The AoE 'splashes' from it are likely where most of the damage comes from.
Find

make lyrus top down shooter fight with locked Z axis when
Find

IMO healing and orbs are more important to the victory than chipping is. But neither are rewarded right for points.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

I agree with Tj
make it so you cant do damage when the orbs are ups or make it so you cant do damage Until it is downed.
no chipping, you are only able to shot it when it is downed
Find

(01-08-2019, 06:37 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I have personally verified that all of her attacks are dodge-able,

the fuk, lyrus is a girl???

- That Thrakos Noob
Find