Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] New Kraken Changes

I loved the idea of making it easier for others to get eyes, and completely support the change, but now that Sag no longer works and going into the water during down phase is a complete waste of time, this change either allows players pretty much that use weps w/perf acc w/ads to pretty much be the only competition, such as owners of Azuredges or stormforged Augs(not shitting on these people, just pointing out these weps are still 100% better for competition). Also with Sag, it didnt need to be entirely disabled, only Negative Sag to get rid of event trolling. I feel like some of these changes should be reverted and discussed entirely with the community since it changes game play entirely. When it comes to top eye dmg thats what everyone attempts to go for, but majority cant because of there weps, which is fine as it is, but with changing mechanics of the events, it even limits players even more. I sound like a broken record but these changes should be reverted ( Temporarily) until a change that is well thought out and allows more people to voice their own opinions then just a small group.
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

tbh I think it's more fair now than it was before.

It sounds like you are mad that your specific gun isn't as good for kraken anymore, and your masking the issue behind balance and the community. Maybe I'm reading into it too much idk.

These changes were not just added willy-nilly. They are something I've been thinking of doing for quite sometime, not something only a select few suggested. Disabling just a portion of sag is way more complicated than just disabling it all together, though I do agree with +sag being too useful for it to all be disabled.

People complained the select few people got an eye "everytime". These changes actually open it up more than it was before. Now Azuredge (any AUG really), Hydra, and Stormforged all have pretty good chances at dealing most eye damage, rather than just Stormforged(if a user is online) prior. Remember that high-firerates are normalized on the lobby due to 33tick. There's still other ways to go for eyes. Top damage is a 1 in 5 for a tradeable eye to compensate these changes as well.

The next Kraken change will be a delay between the time all tentacles are killed, and the time he goes down.

(12-22-2018, 12:25 AM)Brassx Wrote:  These changes were not just added willy-nilly. They are something I've been thinking of doing for quite sometime, not something only a select few suggested. Disabling just a portion of sag is way more complicated than just disabling it all together, though I do agree with +sag being too useful for it to all be disabled.

People complained the select few people got an eye "everytime". These changes actually open it up more than it was before. Now Azuredge (any AUG really), Hydra, and Stormforged all have pretty good chances at dealing most eye damage, rather than just Stormforged(if a user is online) prior. Remember that high-firerates are normalized on the lobby due to 33tick. There's still other ways to go for eyes. Top damage is a 1 in 5 for a tradeable eye to compensate these changes as well.

The next Kraken change will be a delay between the time all tentacles are killed, and the time he goes down.

and a new years hat?

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(12-22-2018, 12:25 AM)Brassx Wrote:  These changes were not just added willy-nilly. They are something I've been thinking of doing for quite sometime, not something only a select few suggested. Disabling just a portion of sag is way more complicated than just disabling it all together, though I do agree with +sag being too useful for it to all be disabled.

It literally is only azuredge at this point. Hydra which is supposed to be good for it can go only a few feet into the water before taking damage. The several krakens we did earlier, excel got all the most damage eyes. At least before I could out aim other people even using stormforged with a suihxe galil. 1 in 5 for top is very nice and is a good incentive. Delay on down will be nice to prevent people from trying to leech on eye damage.
Find

I also like it because now it gives more a use to shock absorb crystals imo and make u choose between extra health or increased eye damage
Find

Make Hydra OP for kraken only!
Find

I think that stormforged/hydra should be BIS for kraken specifically and I'm glad that's becoming more the case. I dislike that azuredge is still so good it'll cheese your way to eye no problem.

My main problem with with kraken is probably how for a world boss it's more of a singleplayer experience that requires you avoid everyone at all costs.
The boss doesn't require much cooperation at all to secure kills and even then it usually never happens outside of one friendly person basically giving up damage to heal others.
There's no group mechanics, no benefit to saving people who get grabbed or any benefit to healing people who get hurt.
It makes it seem like you're actually rewarded for caring only about yourself or even griefing teammates. Negative sag, body blocking, holding off until kraken goes down to leech eye damage, frostburns, grimoiring people to their death was a thing at some point.

If I can be that guy for a second I think it's interesting how it fits lore-wise to prove how terrifying humans can be where the greatest threat is themselves all along but gameplay wise it makes me sad and Alex slam his keyboard
Find

Quite honestly, the best solution is probably to just change the guaranteed eye to be a decent chance at getting the eye for dealing most damage, and make it tradeable again. With how many eyes will exist over time, there's no need for Kraken to drop an eye every time. Not only that, but if the guaranteed eye is ambiguous and instead spread more evenly among the top ~8, there's no feedback or any way to identify who got an eye for what, and people will probably be content just trying their best to deal damage the best they can. While I'm a strict capitalist dog, it really do be like that sometimes. This way, people don't feel the need to grief over the top spot, because the top ~8 will have a good shot at an eye, and people don't have to jump in front of Ace, Ban or I with negative sag while we're trying to shoot because it hurts their odds at getting an eye that they might *actually* be able to drop instead of trying to help someone else that they know to get that single slot.

TL;DR/Main Points:
-Change "top eye damage eye" to "top eye damage chance", maybe give additional unique drop chance similar to fishing up Kraken, but not a guaranteed eye.
-Take that guaranteed eye and distribute the "1 in 1" through the top ~8 top **dps** players, not top eye dps. Essentially up the odds for the top ~8 so that ~1 eye drops between them, guaranteed.
-Revoke untradeable status, no real need to make many, if any, untradeable items in a player economy imo.
-Revoke down-phase water damage, maybe? I'm not too sure. It makes the fight really depend on accuracy-based weapons like augs, which feels restricting.

Basically, change it so that the goal isn't to kill eyes. It's to kill the Kraken.

EDIT: It's not really possible to make the fight fair when it comes to eye damage. Someone will always have the best weapon for the fight, and if they don't fuck up, they'll get the guaranteed eye. When two people have the same weapon, it'll just be a competition between the two of them. The cycle will continue unless it's distributed among a larger pool more fairly, which is pretty much what I want to stress. The guaranteed eye probably doesn't have a spot in a system where damage is almost entirely dependent on how absurd the gun you're using is.