MiniMe2001’s Unban Request

Steam Name (Current): MiniMe2001

Steam Name (During incident): MiniMe2001

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:73005442

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198106276612

Name of staff you were banned by: Doesn’t say/Can’t remember

Length of the ban: 7 days

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: repealed

Reason for ban: scripting is bad (and not allowed)

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: No

What really happened?: I joined and started bhopping, staff told me I couldn’t, higher staff said I was allowed to got on a gm map and bhopped at a long flat area and eventually got banned right before I was able to get my stream on that showed what buttons I was pressing and how I was bhopping. Also I was clicking the wrong button to record so I didn’t have any video from that map just one where it’s harder to bhop on.

Additional details: Set your fps_max to 32.4 bind mwheeldown +jump and you can bhopping easily (which is what I did)
Find

bhopping isnt allowed on the server at all.

(11-24-2018, 10:51 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  bhopping isnt allowed on the server at all.

???
I've literally never heard of this, nor have I seen any staff say this before. Didn't hear it in game when he got banned, either.

as an addition:
i was playing with minime, and he was pleasant to play with. reminded me of when i played css, and in comparison to some bhoppers ive seen over the years was pretty mild.
I doubt he was scripting, and support his unban
Find

I was on with him
To be fair it 100% looked like he was scipting, though he said something alike "i just bound my mousewheel to jump and set my frame".

Either way, it's not like he wasnt worked. Parade and myself both did tell him that he shouldnt be bhopping (parade had forced a message onto his screen, I gave the general notice), though i'm unsure who went through with the ban.
When a dragon round begins.

From what I was lead to believe, bhopping is fine as long as no scripts are involved.

And you were banned for scripting. So as long as you can prove that you weren't I think the ban should be lifted.
Find

(11-24-2018, 11:12 PM)Fancy Typhlosion Wrote:  i'm unsure who went through with the ban.

alex ended up banning him
Find

I was told by moderators that I couldn’t not bhop. Which I stopped until an admin came on and I asked them if I could and they said it was allowed.

Only video I have is small, short bhop which show the keys I’m using to jump. Would this be enough?
Find

This was October 27

I was talking to Fuzzy and this is what he said.
Find

Just because someone thinks someone is scripting or says they are doesn’t mean they are doing it.

That video is also weeks old. What happened to yesterday’s stuff?
Find

Some of these recent ban appeals have been looking like relatively ban happy staff I'm sorry to say it. Bans should be a last resort not the first thing
Find