Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

(Change) Kraken's Enraged eye drop

Change it so that when all eyes have been broken, one of ANY participating players gets an eye. Top DPS for it is super bias for those who have done way more fights than others, and to those who have much better weapons. The majority of the server hasn't gotten ANY of these eyes, while excel, as an example has gotten 5 alone. The same person shouldn't be able to get it so much guarenteed, even if his skills and weapons continuesly land him in the top few DPS.

Out of the past several fights I've been in, the top players are almost ALWAYS the same.

??? Top 6 have a chance to get the eye brass even said
Find

(10-19-2018, 06:17 AM)Excel Wrote:  ??? Top 6 have a chance to get the eye brass even said

Im not talking about the chance, when brass was on sometime ago he said that ONLY top eye DPS gets a GUARENTEED eye. Also top 6 getting a chance still comes back on my point of the same small select few usually getting those spots, since those few who typically make it into every kraken fight, still have the guns that topple most others DPS.

I believe that the top DPSers should definitely get BETTER CHANCES at the rare items along with more crates, but I think that the 100% for sure eye for all being broken should be a chance for everyone participating.

How is a newer player, fighting with a kaiju galil or etc, going to compare in DPS to an oracle or azuredge?
Find

(10-19-2018, 06:17 AM)Excel Wrote:  ??? Top 6 have a chance to get the eye brass even said

I can confirm, Brass said this is the case. It's just a little unfortunate that they've been rolling the way they have.
I consistently land in the top 6 even if I'm late, and it's because of my mechanics, not just my gun.
I hear people complain that they're dying because of ults and rocks. Both of them have tells, and they can both be dodged with relative ease when you learn those tells.

Rocks: They're thrown directly at you if you're standing still, or thrown with compensation if you're moving in a straight line. Stutter-step and reverse direction. You should be missed 95% of the time if the rock doesn't make a very odd bounce due to gmod physics.

Ult: The ult has a resounding roar when it releases. If you don't hear this, you can also tell the ult apart from other attacks based upon the wind that pulls you in as it begins to charge its ultimate. Jump a little early, the check seems to happen a bit fast, possibly? Keep moving after you jump to avoid the follow-up splash.

As for the water shots, the clusters go off of the same calculations as the rocks, and can be both stutter-stepped and avoided behind a tree, much like a rock. They're also a prop. When they collide with any target, they send out a splash that deals damage in a radius.

Overall, just don't stand next to other people. Spread out and get some space, and you'll be safe following these maneuvers.

I out-dps'd Excel just this past Kraken by hopping in the water earlier and hitting my shots accurately. It's not impossible to out-dps a more accurate gun like the Azuredge by simply having a good sense of the game and positioning correctly during the down phase. Reducing time lag is a basic strategy for any dps player in an mmo. It helps immensely. Still, don't be surprised that Excel's Azuredge is going to out-dps an apocalyptic bizon. It's just the nature of the game.

But, if you want to implement absolute communism, be my guest, I guess. Just know that people are going to complain that lowest dps leeches got an eye. No one really wins with either method, but capitalism is good because those that work for a living or use their brain to make smart decisions are rewarded in kind.

Thanks for reading my essay. Bye.
Find

I'm sorry but I really don't see a change as something that is needed..

Top Eye damage gets the 100% one, because they did the most damage to the Eyes. I don't see how that's not fair. There's still the chance for the top 6 to get one too, if you can't get there, work your way up by upgrading your weapons, and learning the fight better. Like what else is the point of better weapons..? There's plenty of weapons that can compete with the post-nerf Azuredge on the lobby now.

Quote: Top DPS for it is super bias for those who have done way more fights than others, and to those who have much better weapons.

How is it biased that people with more experience/better weapons do more DPS?? How is that more unfair than someone who just joins the fight, deals like 100 damage, and gets the eye..?

It's not like the Eye is the only unique drop you can get. It is its own thing, separate from drops like Hyrdra, Rusty Keys, Stormforged, and the Kraken's Godlike. The eye drop is a completely separate, optional drop you unlock.

The only thing I'd be okay with, is maybe opening up the top-6 to like top 12 or something.
Find

It is annoying that you see the same few people get it most of the time but at the same time, people would be even more annoyed if someone in last place gets one instead.

I'd like to see a drop cooldown maybe?

After you get first place once, for the next week or so you can't get the eye for being first, it goes to the next non cooldown player. Top 6 chance still remains though
Find

I do think this is a fair system where the guy who does the most damage gets 100% chance. But the small pool of folks who get it doesn't feel good.

I do like your idea Fuzzy, but Kraken spawns quite a lot and the folks on cooldown really don't have a reason to try. A week is a long time for something this common to gate. (I have never gotten an eye btw)
I think once they are on CD for the 100% eye drop, they have to fight 10 more Krakens to be off CD. While still being able to receive the top 6 chance for an eye. They're so rare there isn't a point of gating them from chance eyes. (From the fights I've done, there has only been one time two eyes have dropped.)
There is incentive to fight Krakens while on CD, there will be 10 different folks getting eyes, and would be faster than a week.
Find

(10-19-2018, 01:27 PM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  they have to fight 10 more Krakens to be off CD. While still being able to receive the top 6 chance for an eye.

Please do. Or at least 10 krakens or less pass by.
Find

the way ive been seeing it lately, is that 90% of the time, the person who gets the eye is one of the same few who always get it and are using an azuredge. if someone is using an azuredge, you're basically done for in terms of getting an eye. they have dps on par/ better than a good heroic galil and really good accuracy
Find