Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kraken Mega-thread [SPOILERS]

DISCLAIMER: SERIOUSLY LOTS OF POTENTIAL SPOILERS ABOUT THIS FISHING RELEASE; IF YOU WANT TO FIGURE THE CLUES AND/OR FIGHT OUT ON YOUR OWN DO NOT CONSULT THIS THREAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Find

b-but we know that you only have to shoot it a lot to kill it

and

that windblade is just a particle effect Sad
Find

yeah we have to make the best strategy to kill all tentacles fast enough, I think all of the other little hints and Easter eggs are for something else that relates to fishing, but not how to kill Kraken.
Find

It would be easier if everyone was divided evenly into groups to kill the nonspike tentacles so they would all go down at the same time. Then we could rush the spikes.

Too bad that's wishful thinking.

(10-03-2018, 11:32 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  It would be easier if everyone was divided evenly into groups to kill the nonspike tentacles so they would all go down at the same time. Then we could rush the spikes.

Too bad that's wishful thinking.

brass changed the fight so that nonspike tentacles, when they go down, add Downed time to already-downed nonspikes. i dont think thats the problem
Find

Some of my design choices with kraken though:
  • Eyes serve a purpose other than weak points(figure this out yourselves)
  • Different damages on each tentacle was at first a way to attempt to help promote targeting as a group and allow for slightly different strategies, as the tentacles themselves serve a much different purpose. Spikeys are generally less dangerous, so I was sure players would target the 'non spiked' ones as they are harder to kill, stay down longer, are more dangerous, and have multiple attacks: throwing headcrab spawners, rocks, and grabbing people. I was definitely wrong, and even in the fights right now I see people shooting spiked ones over non-spikeys because of how easy they are to down.
    I found it VERY odd that some people even thought tentacles stayed down at random intervals, with some 'respawning instantly'. That never happened, they are static timers with non-spiked staying down 15% longer, and upon-downing, they add downed time to other downed non-spiked ones
    The concept of it is a simple 'timed' minigame, where you must down all 8 tentacles within said time to deal damage to the boss.

The fight itself isn't complex due to the fact it can have up to 32 people, and has minimal scaling. Anything too complicated would be way too hard to manage with that many players. But, I make up for that in other ways, not fully disclosed.

I will end on the fact that you have a mistranslated line in one of the clues I left.

I'm going to guess that with brass' hint on the eyes that they function similar to the orbs on ignis/glacies where they indicate which tentacle to shoot in order to break it faster.
Find

The first line is a Atbash cypher that directly translates to:
The Creators info contains the clue you need

Now, this might not mean Brass, but who knows.

So we have two options for the mistranslation:
It's probably nothing, but the "T" in the first line of morse code is a dash made up of two dots. It'd be an "I" if you made it two dots instead of a dash, which makes the sentence-
"IHEEYESBRINGTHEPOWEROFTHEBEAST."

And the other one is a Keyed Caesar with a shift of 21, which gives:
The ancient beast dwells in the deep. Invading structures said to disturb its rest.
I kind of doubt this was a mistranslation, because I did it myself, but idk.

Everything here I've translated myself using their respective cyphers and can say that they are correct - probably.

In conclusion, I'm pretty sure the mistake stems from the morse code. I don't have experience with it, but chances are, the first two dots in the beginning aren't meant to be a "t", at the very least.

My best guess is that the two dots are actually a modifier to the encryption, and the phrase itself should be put through another form of encryption of some sort, but I'm not entirely sure.
Find

HE EYES BRING THE POWER TO THE BEAST (are you possibly suggesting that maybe we don't look at him??? so the eyes are actually ours and by looking at him we give him some power?????) no idk
Find

"THEEYESBRINGTHEPOWEROFTHEBEAST" and "THEEYESBRINGPOWERTOTHEBEAST" are two way different meanings.