Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ways to add more uniques and variety

Pretty much asking to add more uniques guns to the server since we haven't had a fresh batch of "non-limited" uniques (Meatballer doesn't count, screw you nutfart harhar). The last ones we got were from community crate 1 I think?  The suggestion section is full of untapped potential containing many interesting gun ideas that will sadly never happen. Thus, I suggest having more unique guns added to the server periodically.

There are multiple ways we could do this.

Crates: Our last 2 non limited crates (Hellfire and Crescent 2) only had new tiers introduced in them along with the godlikes. While the tiers did have some new interesting mechanics like lunar plane and walk on fire, it feels boring to just have only tiers added in. Sneaking 1-2 new unique gun would be cool.

Global drop table: Just like the 3 new godlikes we got (Shadowstrike, Nexus and Epilogue), more uniques could be introduced the same way as they did. Just like the Nighthawk and the Glock-a-doodle-do, they could come from any purchaseable crates, keys and random drops. Maybe have them be rarer so they don't just flood the market.

End round exclusives: Just like the Blackdeath, we could add more non-godlike uniques that will only come from end of round drops with varying rarity.

Future events: More uniques again, like the grimoire, which can be acquired from doing bloodwynd.

Challenge scrolls: It makes me a bit sad that the only "unique" stuff is considered "Primordial+" in challenge scrolls. We could've had more Legendary and Rare uniques.
Find

smarter than me
Find

(10-02-2018, 03:52 AM)Vhoxel Wrote:  Pretty much asking to add more uniques guns to the server since we haven't had a fresh batch of "non-limited" uniques (Meatballer doesn't count, screw you nutfart harhar). The last ones we got were from community crate 1 I think?  The suggestion section is full of untapped potential containing many interesting gun ideas that will sadly never happen. Thus, I suggest having more unique guns added to the server periodically.

There are multiple ways we could do this.

Crates: Our last 2 non limited crates (Hellfire and Crescent 2) only had new tiers introduced in them along with the godlikes. While the tiers did have some new interesting mechanics like lunar plane and walk on fire, it feels boring to just have only tiers added in. Sneaking 1-2 new unique gun would be cool.

Global drop table: Just like the 3 new godlikes we got (Shadowstrike, Nexus and Epilogue), more uniques could be introduced the same way as they did. Just like the Nighthawk and the Glock-a-doodle-do, they could come from any purchaseable crates, keys and random drops. Maybe have them be rarer so they don't just flood the market.

End round exclusives: Just like the Blackdeath, we could add more non-godlike uniques that will only come from end of round drops with varying rarity.

Future events: More uniques again, like the grimoire, which can be acquired from doing bloodwynd.

Challenge scrolls: It makes me a bit sad that the only "unique" stuff is considered "Primordial+" in challenge scrolls. We could've had more Legendary and Rare uniques.

Crescent case II was full of unique items and I spent quite a bit of time on them, just because some were tiers, doesn't really mean it's much different. It shows you, people don't give two shits about them really. If they aren't GOOD, no one cares, even if it uses a unique weapon-base (I have done unique weapon types for prims). It's basically a waste of development time to put all the work into low-tier uniques, when it becomes dead content/key fodder in a matter of minutes after launch. (in fact, we do have quite a few legendary uniques. But guess what.. not many care about 'em)

The mind set is, why put in extra work hours on low-tier items, when it could be spent on items people actually will care about? Why would I spend a few extra hours adding a new weapon type, its models, sounds, stats, to a Rare-only unique, only to have it completely overlooked and not used at all.. When I could make it good, bump its rarity up, and it be a bit more used/wanted?
Find

Clearly vhoxel didn't even think about the rest of the forerunner tiers also. Did he think all of them will be renamed heroics?
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

To be honest, this was mostly a big excuse to get some community suggestions added in :^) I'm not asking for a ton of uniques to be released each update but maybe have a bit more introduced.

From what I've seen, uniques are only really used if they have their own unique mechanics attached to them like like the scaredy bunny and the slasher. Even the Glock-a-doodle-do is used for lyrus fights sometimes in order to pump out more damage. Unless it's just a god awful gun like the Lazarus and Cataclysm, it will get used by people. Remember the bellum?  It used to be the meta gun before everyone and their mother had guns with double shoot. I still see people (albeit mostly lower levels) use the Nighthawk and save it's last bullet for an instant 90 damage shot.

While I can't really argue for having more rare and lower tier guns added, I still see legendary and primordial to be a perfect spot to get some more uniques added. While most of them do become key fodder, if done right they can be quite valuable. Look at the Scaredy Bunny. It's one of the rarer legendaries, has an unique ability and used to be really sought after (until we got so many bw books and shurikens).

Last 2 unique guns were the Nephilim and the Serenity. The Nephilim is still used by people since it's quite a strong vector. Especially those that had the chance to come with more traits. The Serenity has seen it's fair share of used when it came out but doesn't really appear these days due to it being pretty boring for a gun with an unique base. Sure it comes with reload on headshot, but since heroics from egg 3 had a high chance to come with that trait too, it doesn't appear as useful as it should be.

TL;DR I'm still begging for more uniques to be added :>)
Find

I do appreciate your forum post, Vhoxel, and I know I'm probably guilty of it too-

But you do realize that your entire first post was just a recap of how our drop systems work and the various ways you can drop items...?
There isn't really any content there.

Basically I'd have to agree with what Brass said. It's unfortunate, but a lot of the cooler guns that used to be rare and unique simply aren't anymore.
I remember when I first joined the server (sometime in 2013?) and I saw the glock-a-doodle-doo. It was rare back then, and I thought it was one of the coolest things I'd seen in a ttt server.
Then there was the Hylean Shield. I wanted one more than anything, because it blocked bullets and was a cool custom model. Back then, just a legendary was unbelievably rare. They had purposes and really cool custom abilities-
Nowadays, you really just want a heroic galil because it can blast someone's head off in two shots and fire 25 bullets in a second.

Two things make something coveted- Usability, and rarity. If it has neither, we grow bored of it rather quickly.

If I'm to be quite honest, rather than nerf galils, there is the option make some sort of gun-specific armor for TTT. Let's say, you have an armor slot, and it doesn't reduce general damage, but rather, damage from specific weapons, such as galils. That would put those using galils at a disadvantage, and force people to try different weapons to succeed due to armor/weapon advantages and combinations. If the meta were to switch to augs, the problem can fix itself automatically by equipping aug-based armor. There are some pitfalls to this, but meh.

This turned into a rather long essay. However...
I'm not against new uniques. They just need to make sense and be unique enough and useful enough to work in the TTT meta or event meta, which is really difficult without doing something like literally adding %boss damage.

Thanks for reading, kiddo
Find

I did that specific type of armor system back on NTG, it was not used.

(10-02-2018, 10:51 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I did that specific type of armor system back on NTG, it was not used.
I remember suggesting some armors or something. But then we're just at the same stance of vitality crystals, just ew.
Find

(10-02-2018, 10:51 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I did that specific type of armor system back on NTG, it was not used.

Wasn't that because it was taking up the misc slot, though? People would rather have 30% movespeed. Especially when you're stealing people's easter eggs like the leech I was... Cool

If it were to be added in FRG, it'd be in its own slot.

(10-02-2018, 10:58 PM)Terran Wrote:  
I remember suggesting some armors or something. But then we're just at the same stance of vitality crystals, just ew.

The problem with vitality crystals is that they're generally good - not situationally good - and have no real competition for their slot for ttt. I don't really care if I have 30% reload speed in TTT, I'll be dead if I didn't kill everyone I needed to with one magazine, regardless of my crystal. If I can take an extra shot, though, I'll have a better chance to survive and retaliate in a gunfight. It's the same idea with the armor, but situational and meta-adjustable.
Find

(10-02-2018, 11:20 PM)Nivendo Wrote:  The problem with vitality crystals is that they're generally good - not situationally good - and have no real competition for their slot for ttt. I don't really care if I have 30% reload speed in TTT, I'll be dead if I didn't kill everyone I needed to with one magazine, regardless of my crystal. If I can take an extra shot, though, I'll have a better chance to survive and retaliate in a gunfight. It's the same idea with the armor, but situational and meta-adjustable.

I still feel if we jump the gun on vitality crystals and we get a crystal that competes for the slot, The meta won't end up as well as it could.

In terms of this post.... Jesus, we have kraken and 2(3 due to survive?) events coming in the next 6 months.

I'm sure we'll get something.
We don't need items every day. If you're getting bored.... Well..
Find