Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Survive and whether it should stay or not.

I'll make this short and simple: Why do we still have Survive? Nobody wants to play it and asking around for a survive group gets you laughed at by most people. I feel like we should just remove it since it's one of the most disliked events, even compared to Grim's Labyrinth. Or make it able to be solo'd for people who are bored. In order to prevent one guy from hogging the event server make it so that survive solo can be booted by other people doing events. Give them a bonus if they do get booted or something?

I dunno. It'd be something for solo players to do when nobody wants to do events.

The reason we still have survive is because only certain weapons are available there and a quest item too.

Honestly, Solo survive doesn't sound too bad. It means that all enemies would aggro to you but that brings the problem of 1 life and getting stuck in charples. Just give them 3 lives and restarts the wave they died on.

Daily event quest bonus when?
Find

Survive is fine
once in a while a team plays it, it's not hurting anyone who doesnt play Survive, right?

I agree with solo survive tho, that would actually be pretty nice
Find

The only thing about solo survive is that it would have one person hogging a whole server. The booting thing wouldn't be fair at all. What happens if someone is going for high rounds and then just gets kicked?
The event definitely doesn't need to be removed.
But it needs a hell of a revamp.
Loot buff, speedier rounds, b e t t e r m a p, etc. But the problem with that would be it would take a lot of dev time that Brass doesn't really have the time for, almost completely redoing an old event. Especially not with all the projects he has coming. (Halloween, Christmas, and whatever else)

As I suggested to brass, some sort of overarching storyline. An optional boss at the end, which stops the entire run once beat, similar to morgoth or horus.

Have it in the style of Nazi zombies where you need to turn on generators or something to progress the questline.
If people had something useful to do, it wouldn't be mind numbing as much.

That or add ryukaleth or w/e his name is, as a lobby boss like bw. (maybe even optional boss via bw pit, use ticket and it questions, entire event or just boss)
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

Buyable ending +1
Find

Solo survive won't ever be a thing, sadly. Due to server costs. I believe this was asked for a while ago and was explained.
Find

I'd like to just add a start to finish 'opt in' type thing to it, like a 'final boss' you can get to, once you beat it, it ends it for ya with bonus loot for beating it, that way current loot doesn't need to really be adjusted (it gets crazier towards the end). I just don't have the time right now to do so.

Like I said before, speeding up round-states is a big no. People worked their asses off for their current records, anything that changes the round-state up that much would be unfair.

my issue is that it takes loot to long to scale. I wouldnt mind a "cap" for loot scaling towards later waves, but putting in an hour+ to get to wave 20 to start getting decent drops SOMETIMES is pretty awful imo.
Find

(09-28-2018, 11:45 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I'd like to just add a start to finish 'opt in' type thing to it, like a 'final boss' you can get to, once you beat it, it ends it for ya with bonus loot for beating it, that way current loot doesn't need to really be adjusted (it gets crazier towards the end). I just don't have the time right now to do so.

Like I said before, speeding up round-states is a big no. People worked their asses off for their current records, anything that changes the round-state up that much would be unfair.

I have to say as someone who held the record for some time after a 9 and 1/2 hour run I'd rather have given up the record if people could enjoy and do survive more
The early rounds really start going sluggish especially if you choose to go for the staff and if someone dies/ splits from the main group for whatever reason.
Most runs that go to 24 end up running about 2 hours which is very long compared to other events. The loot is very lackluster when you can run survive for 2 hours and get less bone crates than a single horus kill.

Survive is one of my favorite events but that's despite all of the problems I have with it. It's one of those events I'd love doing solo/streaming just to see where I get myself to.
Hell I could see it being it's own open game mode where anyone can just drop in at any time and play it however they want. It's call of duty zombies in GMOD, it could and should be very popular.
Find