Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove map challenges

I'm OK with sliders and stuff, but it took me a week to get the two maps I "Needed", and that was playing hours each day. Not cool. I don't know if the algorithm is broken or something, but you don't get the damn maps. Nobody likes this. I could have done a hard in a day without these "Challenges".

when are we getting that weekly thread limit on Terran again?
Find

I thought this was already a thread

and I agree with alex
Find

Surprised this isnt a remove moneyman thread tbh
Find

it is kind of stupid. All it serves is to delay progress for no reason.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

I dislike how much the map puzzles detract from the experience people have with challenge scrolls

You've got the anagrams and riddles which are usually nice and quick, the puzzles that serve as a good diversion, and then challenge kills which are the real meat n' potatoes of scrolls that put the progress squarely in your hands and leaves it up to you how quickly you can proceed.

The map challenges should work as an interactive part where you use map knowledge to find the answer and go seek it out.
The problem is when you know the answer the map is nowhere in sight and you're stuck waiting.

It takes all progress out of your hands and leaves it all on the map vote screen
map not there? better keep waiting.
and waiting

A lot of people, if not everyone like to do their challenge scrolls as fast as possible.
They enhance the experience of TTT by giving you different ways to play and different goals in each round. The loot is also a good motivator.
All of that gets impeded when you're stuck waiting on RNG.

So I'd like to see them changed in some way, either some bad luck mitigation for challenge scroll maps or having the puzzle change to suit the current map (just a few ideas)

Remove map challenges
Make the scrolls give coded castle loot

finish a medium for 8 bellums
finish a professional for 20 bone crates and a t6 key
When a dragon round begins.

Find

Kuro has a point. Some times you are lucky, and others you aren't. While the variety of challenges is nice, this one should be removed, perhaps replaced with a "Complete 3 quests" or something along those lines.
Find

Yeah... honesty map challenges are just brutal. They can double or even triple the time it would take to get a challenge scroll done just due to the very RNG reliant aspect of it. However, they don't necessarily need to be removed; we could make it so challenge maps have an increased chance of showing up on vote screen or maybe add one tab that always has one of the challenge maps on it. It would make it so there's still some obstacle there, but not one that makes you want to kill yourself. Could also go ahead and remove less popular/straight up bad maps while we're at it since they clutter the map vote screen quite a bit and waste slots that could be given to challenge maps.
Find

(09-26-2018, 01:47 AM)Bomb Voyage Wrote:  Yeah... honesty map challenges are just brutal. They can double or even triple the time it would take to get a challenge scroll done just due to the very RNG reliant aspect of it. However, they don't necessarily need to be removed; we could make it so challenge maps have an increased chance of showing up on vote screen or maybe add one tab that always has one of the challenge maps on it. It would make it so there's still some obstacle there, but not one that makes you want to kill yourself. Could also go ahead and remove less popular/straight up bad maps while we're at it since they clutter the map vote screen quite a bit and waste slots that could be given to challenge maps.

They do have an increased chance to show up. It's a 1 in 3 (unless it's broken, still waiting to confirm with tobias to check to see if the code I gave him for it still works), for one random persons map challenge to be replace a map in the vote.
Find