Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Change] Class perks

So similar to how we get binds for disguise and goomba boots. I'd like to see a bindable command for the class perks (dash/mage boots for example)

Leaving us able to control the perk better than spamming forward hoping you actually dash and not stutter step.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

The way I move in game I accidentally dash a lot and that kinda fucks me up +1
JuicyBoxer
St.Jimmy
Dumpweed
AnthemPartThree
Murph
Debaser

i need to stop doing this

Hmm..  It uses MoveData:KeyPress, which is provided in the predicted "Move" hooks which is what allows me to modify your movement smoothly, a lot of things happen in this hook thus why I use the buttons directly in there. It dashes/hovers and what not clientside as well as server side at the same time in this predicted hook for a smooth experience, as the server receives the same inputs in said hook. I can't check for certain buttons in said hook, only IN keys. Thus it severely limits the buttons I can use, to use the bind method I'd have to make them console commands you bind to, then, have the dash initiated on the server, rather than both at the same time. Causing a considerable delay. You can't have a console commands exist both on the client and server properly, and have players execute both.

(just to clear it up, only the keys listed below are networked to the server when pressed/released.)

https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/CMoveData/KeyDown
https://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Enums/IN

That being said, I can make class abilities one of the keys above as an alternative method you can setup. Any ideas which command/key?
Find

alt would be good, nobody ever walks in ttt so its just there wasted
Find

Does anyone use the +grenade binds? Could also do that.
Find

That would work, I was thinking of something similar to rollspeed, Br_Classperk or something like that, just to say to the server "hey use the ability if you have a class"
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

(09-21-2018, 02:13 PM)Kheyre Wrote:  That would work, I was thinking of something similar to rollspeed, Br_Classperk or something like that, just to say to the server "hey use the ability if you have a class"

Convars are either on the client OR the server, and not attached to players unless ON client. Even then networking has to be done at a non-priority rate to get any changed involving them. br_rollspeed is a convar. Concommands, which run code when executed, also have to be one or the other. When you type a server concommand from your console, it executes said code on the server, and not the client. I can't have it execute code on both without networking from one to the other using GMOD's net library, which has less priority over movement/player updates.

The 'press ability buttons to do said movement action' is SHARED and PREDICTED for a smooth experience. If I do what you said, as I stated above, a NOTICEABLE input delay would occur making it feel clunky and awkward to use. Thus the only option is to use the keys that are networked with the movement updates, using sources prediction system.
Find

(09-21-2018, 10:18 AM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  alt would be good, nobody ever walks in ttt so its just there wasted

excuse me alt is my push to talk key
Find