Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Buff] Thompson

From what I could test around with, the Thompson is basically an SG but worse in every way besides having a better headshot modifier and stability. It has around the same base damage but lower firerate, lower accuracy and the gayest damage falloff I've ever seen. While hugging someone, my thompson does 62 damage. Take 3 steps back and i suddenly do 40. Take 1 more step back and i do 30. That's half my damage loss from a couple of steps. It also has terrible reload speed. For those who have never used a thompson before, it has 2 deploy and 2 reload animations.

The first deploy animation is decently fast. Around as fast as the mac10. The second one is slightly slower, nothing against that.

The "quicker" reload animation is already slow. the slower one is so slow that i have enough time to go finish a worm queen fight with a rifle before being able to shoot a thompson again.

My suggestion would be to make it a bit more like the daybreak. A slow, bulky gun that can hit hard when needed. Slightly higher firerate (around 9 bullets per second), better accuracy, better reload speed (or at the very least make it use only the faster reload animation. its slow enough) and a more reasonable damage falloff.
Find

Take this with a grain of sand as I do not frequently use thompsons...

But when I do I can generally obliterate most people in most situations due to the decent fire rate (i use a kaiju so its like +10%) and the clip size. I feel they are powerful enough and deploy fast enough, but I will credit you on the reload speed. The reloading of a thompson is absolutely abyssmal and I often question if it reloads slower than a huge. It's honestly very close. I also don't use thompsons at long range, but I feel that because it is IRL used for close range engagements that any long range use of this gun is not really //intended//. The damage drop off you are talking about is pretty severe considering you're saying it happens way too close, but I do think it deserves a damage fall-off rework as a result.

TL;DR imo thompsons are ok for damage, could use a drop-off rework and reload speed buff.

EDIT: Ah yes the accuracy is horrible as well even when you aim down sights.
Find

I think the only thing the Thompson needs is a reload buff, and accuracy as 2k said.

I'll use my Thompson to see if anything else needs to be buffed or not
Find

Thompsons have a lot against them, more so than nearly any other base weapon. Instead of just removing their damage falloff, making them just another SG clone, we instead buff it's reload speed by a ton, making it able to hold it's own. add a base damage buff and i'd say we're good to go
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Make the Thompson sort of like a secondary, but for primary. Fast draw, fast reload, that sort of thing.
Find

I like this new thompson, its like MP5SD +1
Find

+1 thompson reloads slow af. DMG drop off way to harsh.
Find

+1 to the reload speed thing at the very least.
Find

+1 could go for a buff, it is needed tbh
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Find

(12-10-2018, 05:20 AM)Un_Dead Wrote:  +1 to the reload speed thing at the very least.

only because your collecting them
Find