Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Change] Dragonstrike

So I mean I get it, its supposed to be a better flamethrower than one hellfire, but its seriously overpowering. For something pretty silent it does a lot of damage before people realise they are being burned alive. (I dont think the hellfires flamethrower is perfect either tho)

I am suggesting we change the fire to reduce damage from the fire itself, but grant the ability to ignite whomever it hits for a period of time, granting extra fire damage to ignited players.

Instead of its current instant supernova flamethrower.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

I like the Hellfire's flamethrower, the close-range DPS doesn't exceed anything crazy and its only useful as a panic back-up, but maybe I'm biased. I have used it a lot though, but no secondary ability should be too wantonly powerful (Flereous, anyone? FLEREOUS, ANYONE? NERF WHEN?), but I could get behind it.

I always just use the Hellfire for when someone is low/I have to reload/I'm panicking. It sometimes works out. This is about the Dragonstrikes mostly though, and I don't have an opinion on those, 'cuz I don't have any and don't plan to probably.
Find

flereous is fine, you sacrifice health(minimum is 35 i believe, not counting each time you swing) for mostly close range dps and a speed boost for 10 seconds if i remember correctly(not to mention you also lose more health the more you swing). you're basically a dying juggernaut

as for the dragon strikes, they are a direct upgrade to the hellfire, its suppose to do more damage. having it just do phoenix is meh, whats the difference between that and keeping it as is. not to mention the actual base gun is weaker in a few aspects. i could try to add another ability to the dragon strikes if i ever get the chance, but it wouldnt be anything huge. would need some ideas for it though
Find

I think there should be some charge up to the flamethrower it's way too instant and has virtually no way to counter it especially if you're caught in it from behind unless you're terran and pack a blaze crystal 24/7

The flamethrower also seems to affect a large area where it's practically impossible to miss at all if looking anywhere near somebody which is extremely cheesy in a game/mode where accuracy matters so much
Find

If I'm being perfectly honest, I do think the Dragonstrike flamethrower is overpowered, but people also need to stop jumping on the "Let's nerf X godlike so people don't enjoy using it anymore" train. Items that are rare are bound to be powerful. I guarantee when more people get molten weapons that actually matter *cough cough* not a pistol *cough cough* people are going to complain like no tomorrow. The tier actually excels in every stat beyond a heroic, and it has a guaranteed trait that ignites and deals instant damage (stronger than ignite itself, and procs more often, if I'm not wrong.)

Another point that I'd like to bring up is that this is TTT. Traitors are supposed to have an advantage over innocents. If you're complaining because you're dying as an innocent, you have no argument. Balancing weapons is relative and impossible because this isn't a simple shooter like CS:S or COD. Weapons are situational and nothing is going to save you from a deagle shot to the face (unless you're a detective with a max vitality crystal, then maybe...)

It's quite possible to kill an entire team of innocents on your traitor round without ever being called out, or even seen by the innocent team, and you can do this with literally any weapon in the game.

But I'm not against dropping the damage from 6 damage a tick to 5 a tick. Just know that if someone uses a blaze crystal at that point, they deal 1 damage a tick, if I'm not wrong. You'd have better luck with a glock. They've already had their ability to use the flamethrower while reloading removed, I don't think they need much else. They're just really good at close range, but so is every other weapon in the game if you're a traitor. They just have good clip size and a flamethrower to back you up if that's not enough.

(09-14-2018, 05:05 PM)Nivendo Wrote:  Another point that I'd like to bring up is that this is TTT. Traitors are supposed to have an advantage over innocents. If you're complaining because you're dying as an innocent, you have no argument. Balancing weapons is relative and impossible because this isn't a simple shooter like CS:S or COD. Weapons are situational and nothing is going to save you from a deagle shot to the face (unless you're a detective with a max vitality crystal, then maybe...)

I think most people who argue for nerfs are traitors dying to innocents.
Find

The "ability" to flamethrower while reloading was a bug.

And I'm perfectly fine with it recieving damage that ramps up the longer you are caught in its fire.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find