Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Buff] Eleos Proc

recently picked this gun up and it's pretty fun but I've noticed the lightning proc is very lackluster for what it is.
example: the chance on mine is 1 in 13.7 to proc which is already unlikely as per the clip being 12 bullets, and when it does proc, it either hits the opponent and does it's 25 damage or you do a weird positioning game where you have to stand to where your opponent is directly in between your shot and you for the half second the proc is active.
i personally don't think this is that fun and that there are a few ways to help it feel better for the eleos user, and actually be noticable for anyone else:

1)globally decrease the chance by a big factor. this way, the eleos proc happens a few times per clip and you have a high chance of the shots you do hit being procs.

2)make the proc do less damage per tick but persist for a few seconds, similar to glaedr beam. maybe to differentiate, use the UMP Prototype effect of disorientation but to a lesser degree?

3)(personal favorite) allow the eleos procs to set a marker at the location and the user to manually activate them, probably with the E key. this would enable some cheese delay strats, sure, but the "HUGE Problem" already encourages just afk shooting at a wall to set up for later. I think this would add another dimension to the gun's skill expression.

if you have other ideas, feel free to post them! Big Grin
Find

i dont think it needs a buff honestly. It got buffed a while back and I played with it a bit and it was pretty good, I enjoyed using it.

(09-14-2018, 02:04 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  i dont think it needs a buff honestly. It got buffed a while back and I played with it a bit and it was pretty good, I enjoyed using it.

i agree that the gun itself feels nice, i just think that the suffix specifically should be buffed/changed to be more noticable

A lot of chances for guns just need to be changed. I posted a big thread on it.

im personally not a big fan of the proc, i really dont understand it either though tbf
it seems super weak, i always figured it was more of an extra to the eleos itself being pretty okay

- That Thrakos Noob

Usually the basics to making a balanced godlike go as follows.

What I'll be using as a key for this is as follows

Strong
Decent
Mediocre
Weak

Strong weapon    weak ability/trait  
Strong ability      weak/decentweapon/trait
Strong trait         weak weapon/ no ability

The eleos does not follow this pattern however, Due to it having all 3 sections.

Mediocre weapon, Strong ability, weak trait.

It's got both and the ability to have a pocket shotgun is pretty strong.

While we're on the topic lets compare it to a few other secondaries.

Epilogue: Strong weapon, weak (situational) trait

Valigntir:  Weak weapon, strong ability tied to a trait

Last prayer: Strong weapon, Weak trait, Mediocre ability

CCD: Strong weapon, weak trait

Ferno: Decent weapon, weak ability.

Frost: Decent weapon, mediocre ability.

Frostburns: Strong weapon, mediocre abilites.

Hellfire: Strong weapon, mediocre ability.

Dragonstrikes. Strong weapon, strong ability.

I guess you get the point.

I think it's fine where it is, It's situational but it's good for what it's used for, A pocket shotty.
Find

it only shoots out four at once if using as a shotgun and can only shoot 3 times before reloading with crazy spread, if shooting body and hitting every single bullet (unlikely as youd have to be near-point blank) you'll do 76 damage. and that's ideal scenario. if you can hit all headshot, you should be using deagle anyway.
ideal scenarios almost never happen. more likely youll hit 1-2 and do in the range of 40 damage, if you hit the second similar shot, 80 total... and then you die. in a server where deagles exist en masse that's just not going to cut it, there should be something to push it over the edge, which is why i think that while the base gun is okay..ish.. due to it's variance, making the proc better just makes it more consistent and overall more worth using.
Find

The proc works in a few different ways.

1. if you miss your shot and you proc, it will zap in between you and said spot, damaging ALL players between you and said spot. Even through walls.

2. If you proc while hitting a player, it INSTANTLY zaps dealing the full damage on top of the bullet damage.

3. If you proc shotgun mode for 3 or more shots, you will instantly kill anyone that gets hit by said proc.
Find

my problems are

(09-15-2018, 12:59 AM)Brassx Wrote:  1. if you miss your shot and you proc, it will zap in between you and said spot, damaging ALL players between you and said spot. Even through walls.
there is a very, very small window of positioning to enable hitting this zap
(why i suggested 2. persistent effect and 3. manual proc)

(09-15-2018, 12:59 AM)Brassx Wrote:  2. If you proc while hitting a player, it INSTANTLY zaps dealing the full damage on top of the bullet damage.
the proc chance is very high when taking into account the likelihood of the proc only going off once per clip and landing that 1/12 bullet that does end up procing
(why i suggested 3. manual proc and 1. global chance decrease)

(09-15-2018, 12:59 AM)Brassx Wrote:  3. If you proc shotgun mode for 3 or more shots, you will instantly kill anyone that gets hit by said proc.
you have to land 3 shots and either all hitboxes consistently suck or the accuracy is wild, almost feels bigger than the crosshair
Find

(09-15-2018, 01:11 AM)DONGERWEED2926669872699920206125 Wrote:  my problems are

(09-15-2018, 12:59 AM)Brassx Wrote:  1. if you miss your shot and you proc, it will zap in between you and said spot, damaging ALL players between you and said spot. Even through walls.
there is a very, very small window of positioning to enable hitting this zap
(why i suggested 2. persistent effect and 3. manual proc)

(09-15-2018, 12:59 AM)Brassx Wrote:  2. If you proc while hitting a player, it INSTANTLY zaps dealing the full damage on top of the bullet damage.
the proc chance is very high when taking into account the likelihood of the proc only going off once per clip and landing that 1/12 bullet that does end up procing
(why i suggested 3. manual proc and 1. global chance decrease)

(09-15-2018, 12:59 AM)Brassx Wrote:  3. If you proc shotgun mode for 3 or more shots, you will instantly kill anyone that gets hit by said proc.
you have to land 3 shots and either all hitboxes consistently suck or the accuracy is wild, almost feels bigger than the crosshair
I wasn't saying it doesn't need changes. I was just stating how it worked since some people weren't sure.