Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Extinct Candy Cane (CHANGE/NERF)

When someone "leaves" snowman, they can immediately shoot and kill someone. Many, many many times have I shot someone to almost dead, wasting 90% of my ammo, only for then to automatically "de-snowman" and then waste me due to shooting. If someone is knocked to almost dead from snowman, it should either let them die as a snowman (too unfair I feel), or have them deploy their gun slower so they can't IMMEDIATELY shoot back.

It is very hard to actually kill someone due to this, because if you do lethal damage, they instantly unsnowman and can blast you.

Also, add back in 1 in X chance to ice cube yourself along with the guy you're shooting pls
Find

I thought breaking the snowman was supposed to leave the user super iced and vulnerable? I guess that never got applied.

Edit: also id settle for snowmen shattering making the user icecubed.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

(09-05-2018, 02:39 AM)Kheyre Wrote:  I thought breaking the snowman was supposed to leave the user super iced and vulnerable? I guess that never got applied.

Edit: also id settle for snowmen shattering making the user icecubed.

Yeah, they don't. You do lethal damage and then they instantly pop into existence and can shoot you down, its incredibly annoying. You waste a massive amount of time and ammo, but if you don't kill the snowman, they're going to follow and ice you and call you out. Its a T death sentence anyways, its a terrible inno-weapon concept.
Find

If you're shooting a snowman, you can pop them moderately quickly which gives them Ice x10, leaving them at a severe disadvantage. It's already enough they can't shoot for 30 whole seconds in snowman form, but then to come out as a snail is tough.
Adding the effect of slower deploy speed when iced absolutely would make sense (as it slows down everything), but I think it would be too devastating to the snowman in its current state.

I'm thinkin' the change should be something like:
Snowman is toggle-able, not 30 seconds. Snowstorm instead has a charge meter that can be turned on/off (like voice battery meter or something.)
Snowman's health regens slowly over time when not in combat. Maybe give it a little more health because of the effect of popping it (below).
It needs a lethal snowball ability of some kind. Something that can hold its own in a fight, maybe ice on impact and some other things?
When snowman is "popped," an overfreeze is casted on the user of the snowman.
- This slows all stats - mobility, reload speed, deploy speed. This'll put the user at a huge disadvantage if they lose as a snowman.

- That Thrakos Noob

snowman is currently obnoxious to an obscene degree because of their utility (callouts / slowing by, like, 80% in an AoE) and your suggestion is basically to buff them, unpoke... just can't agree.

(09-05-2018, 02:58 AM)DONGERWEED2926669872699920206125 Wrote:  snowman is currently obnoxious to an obscene degree because of their utility (callouts / slowing by, like, 80% in an AoE) and your suggestion is basically to buff them, unpoke... just can't agree.

It's a little bit of a buff, but also a complete change in utility. Right now, it's an extinct (think Ascultone, think Thrakos which can do 120 dmg with the proc alone) that's used only to troll and has hardly any viability beyond that. With the overfreeze change, if you pop a snowman, there should be no way they can turn that fight around, but they can also kind've be able to fight back to whatever extent the snowballs give.
Maybe I should've worded the AoE charge to give less than 30 seconds to help paint the picture of straying away from how trolly that is. Maybe a 15-20 second charge meter or somethin', because right now, snowmen can constantly use it for 30 seconds, and I, being a snowman owner, hate both trying to use it practically AND being effected by it.

- That Thrakos Noob

I'm all for changes, like giving the snowman a way to fight back and removing the AOE ice (Snowballs 100% icing the target seems smart, if you land one, the rest are easier to land, keep the damage kinda low-ish though).
Find

I think an easier option is to do one or all of the following:
  • Make it so they can't use text/voice chat while in snowman form.
  • Make them take more than 25% of the damage dealt to the snowman.

Currently, the player SHOULD come out with ~40 hp if you destroy a full-hp snowman. They take 25% of all damage, unless it's bugged somehow. (They also get iced)

It throwing snowballs was something I thought about doing awhile ago, but I'd rather not due to how the snowman mechanics actually work, I'd have to think of a hacky method to do that. (the form itself is a bit of a hack. It's more of an illusion than anything)

I honestly don't really mind the callouts from snowmen, the real issue I have is how you put so much ammo and time to damage someone just to have them cripple you regardless, and being able to immediately shoot. Like, I'd be 100% OK if you could kill the snowmen and they'd just die, not revert back to human even if they were tougher. I'm just sick of breaking the "snowman" to reveal a dude spraying a candy cane deagle at me. I've died to that so many times I'm more salt than snow.

Anything is fine as long as something is changed there. Maybe have it so if they leave the snowman, they have to manually switch to their gun, i.e its not automatically drawn. Gives you a second to finish them off or whatever.
Find

i feel like im missing something
so the recommended snowman fix is to make it so i voluntarily imprison myself for 30 seconds in snowman form where i wouldnt be able to talk/type or release myself from it
so in return for doing this
i can join a fight with 40 or suggested less now health while said target is already in mid-spray and i have to react to trying to start shooting as fast as i can after popping
and the benefit of this is to make up for the half second it takes to react to someone shooting you anyway

please somebody correct me somewhere, i've been using snowman as it is forever and it's literally useless outside of trolling/karma-baiting, like i literally target snowmen as it is for free kills
imagine if said person has a disguiser too
nothing makes sense to me rn

maybe this gun just isnt for me or something idfk

- That Thrakos Noob