Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Having issues with my client

I wasnt sure where to post this but my game in unplayable right now and I cant figure out what to do. Ive tried deleting and reinstalling gmod but nothing works. I am missing a bunch of textures and getting lag spikes to 8fps. I'm running on a 4790k and a 1080ti so i dont think that should be happening.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find

gonna get the obvious out of the way:

do you have css
Find

Yes i have counter strike source installed. i tried reinstalling it too
Find

did you go into your commons folder and actually delete the garry's mod folder?
Find

(09-03-2018, 06:34 AM)The Black Parade Wrote:  did you go into your commons folder  and actually delete the garry's mod folder?

I think so. I just uninstalled steam, restarted, and reinstalled with no luck. the commons folder is in program files x86 right?
Find

I'd definitely recommend using the launcher or deleting your local content and letting it re-download
Find

(09-03-2018, 06:43 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I'd definitely recommend using the launcher or deleting your local content and letting it re-download

I thought i deleted everything. How do i delete all my local content? I messaged brassx and asked for the launcher but i havent heard back yet.
Find

Well I should ask in the first place have you gotten any downloads in-game for the content at all? If not you can do !enabledownloads when you join in.

You can delete all the downloaded content if you go to your folder which would be under
Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\data

It's the folder called "frgws"
Find

No i havent gotten any downloads. I think its supposed to show a progress bar. I typed !enabledownloads but nothing started downloading.
Find

When you're in the server type this into console to enable the downloads, it should start for you

br_disable_downloads 0
br_custom_downloads 1
Find