Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

An idea for where subclasses should be taken.

I've been talking with a few regulars, and I feel the subclass system is great. It's overpowered, But it's fun and it breathes a breath of fresh air into gameplay.
I hear brass has been talking about allowing the classes to choose their role, and that sounds great. Which leads me to what I'm here to suggest.

Sidegrades. (Expanding upon the same idea of a class and giving it abilites that seem similarish, but are simply different ways to play.)

I believe all current subclasses we have should be given an achievement system with rewards that give you vastly different ways to play the current classes and giving them different abilites while being too similar to the same-set classes and while I'm SURE there will be more classes in the future I feel that we can expand upon the ones we have now, and set up a system to keep solidity with the next classes to be created, as always I'd love to suggest more subclass sidegrades and actual classes and I have more ideas but these are the ones I feel are the most simple and best to create for now.   

Mage:
Getting 100 kills with mage's fireball rewards you with:
Title: Master Mage,  

Getting 500 kills AS Mage awards you with:
Sidegrade subclass: Wizard, Harnessing the power of blink and Ice, becoming a terrifying foe.
Ability: Ice shards, Hitscan weapon with limited range, Usable once every 15 seconds. Doing 5 damage and applying shards of ice that slow the targets firerate and draining their health.

Ability: Blink, The user right clicks with their book, teleporting once instantly with very limited range.

Ability: Ice block, Pressing R will encase the user in an ice block for 5 seconds, healing 3 hp per tick. This will take a moment to apply the ice block. You cannot move at all while this is applied.
(Mage with blink to get behind others, survivability, and the ability to apply a debuff)

Warrior:
100 melee kills as warrior awards you with title: Fearsome Warrior

Getting 500 kills as warrior awards you with:
Sidegrade subclass: Berserker, This powerful class can leap, performing a smash attack when landing, They may also charge knocking back foes greatly. (Like the warriors current charge but better) 30% extra melee damage, 10% extra damage.    
Ability: Leap, user leaps forward a set amount and smashes anything around where they land, dealing damage.

Ability: Charge, User charges forward knocking back anyone infront of them and dealing 20% of anyone hits HP.

(This class would be for melee users mostly and would give less damage buffs to ranged weapons.)

Necromancer
500 infections as Necromancer awards you with title: Zombie Lord

Getting 500 kills as a Necromancer awards you with:
Sidegrade subclass: Lich, This powerful class can summon skeletons, raising dead without the ability to infect.
Ability: Leech, the user can fire a projectile that when hit saps health giving it to the user.

Ability: Summon skeleton, Revives any body into a skeleton. Skeletons have higher HP and damage than zombies, But cannot infect targets.
(This class would be like Necromancer, without the infection ability and cannot resurrect after death, but has a bit more utility and better minions)

Cleric
50 people cured gives you title: Holy Healer

500 kills as cleric gives you sidegrade: Bard

Sidegrade subclass: Bard, This harmonic class can change the tide of battle for others, Giving users the ability to buff their allies and afflict their enemies using the power of music,
Ability: Chime, Buffs targeted user fire rate and accuracy, Giving them an edge in battle

Ability: Nickelback, Targeted opponents firerate is slowed by 5% every second for 10 seconds before returning to normal.
Passive: Soothing tunes: regenerates health of the user over time, 2 hp every 5 seconds.
(Would be a support class, without healing abilites, but can self heal slowly using soothing tunes)

These are side-grades I can think of for the moment I think that the system of gaining them should at the very least be implemented, other than just having them in the game.
This is a revolutionary way to play TTT and I love it, and it reminds me of the Warcraft3 mod for CS and TF2.

Credit to Edit1o for the titles idea.

Sounds neat +1
Find

His would be pretty cool, new titles are also lit plus upgrading the classes adds progression to it

I do have one suggestion, the blink ability is too close to the dash ability for warrior
Find

Pretty interesting idea. I'd like to hear more people's opinions on it though.
Find

I would love this expand it some more upon this to really show who is better at what classes

Also I think there should be a very rare chance atleast one Innocent turns into a Neutral class just for them to have some fun as well and also change the Meta a bit (Is it a Traitor Mage or an Inno Mage) or maybe something for a detective to give someone a Neutral Subclass if they trust them enough I really love the Idea of sub classes and love the Mage and Cleric Classes the most
Find

(07-27-2018, 09:09 AM)Black Parade is DEAD Wrote:  His would be pretty cool, new titles are also lit plus upgrading the classes adds progression to it

I do have one suggestion, the blink ability is too close to the dash ability for warrior

except it's instant and not a dash.
Find

That sounds pretty interesting, but have you considered turtle taming?

(07-27-2018, 08:14 PM)Jerk Butt Wrote:  
(07-27-2018, 09:09 AM)Black Parade is DEAD Wrote:  His would be pretty cool, new titles are also lit plus upgrading the classes adds progression to it

yeah thats whats I'm saying, its instant, but is still close to the dash. I feel that all classes abilities should be all unique
Find

(07-27-2018, 09:57 PM)Black Parade is DEAD Wrote:  

yeah thats whats I'm saying, its instant, but is still close to the dash. I feel that all classes abilities should be all unique

A dash is you moving forward, this is an instant movement ability, A dash leaves you able to be killed. A blink doesn't have a visual effect.

(07-28-2018, 01:23 AM)Jerk Butt Wrote:  
(07-27-2018, 09:57 PM)Black Parade is DEAD Wrote:  

A dash is you moving forward, this is an instant movement ability, A dash leaves you able to be killed. A blink doesn't have a visual effect.

akshually
Find