Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TTT_FRG_Kuriosity

FRG Kuriosity
A Request by Kuro

"Kuro uplifted a part of your city with his godlike powers!
Is this your new life?
Or are you going to stop Kuro's madness once and for all!"

Welcome to Kuriosity! This was a request made by Kuro around March, and I started working on this project around April.

Kuro gave me a unique layout to create, the map contains near 25 buildings in a 5x5 grid like style (I'll say near because some building are seamlessly connected together). Each building is unique from each other, creating diversity from one another.

The map seems large, but its actually very small (not including skybox)
Here is a size comparison
The map is only a fracture larger than Lyrus Room.

The map features:
4 T traps, +1 unlockable
T Room and T tester
A Bossfight Easter Egg, which all of the attacks and the thing you fight is made completely out of brushes.
4 Small Easter Eggs
9 Playable Songs (and one bonus song)
Ammo littered around the map

FRG features:
Spawns around the map
Large amount of space in the air for Dragon Rounds.
Not ideal for Spider Rounds.
No overpowered areas for Hunter and Infection rounds (there are a few small rooms with one entrance, but most of them are apart to Easter eggs and such).

Playtesters
Kuro
Excel
Black Knight
Bathory
Hala
Goldenguy
Nytemart
Unpoke
Cheny
2koreds
Paparussia
Shadow_Man43
Fancy Typh
Tobiasxz
Catbug
Alex Summers

*If you don't see your name, don't think negatively, I only wanted a handful of players to playtest early versions.

Assets Used
Realworldtextures: TopHattWaffle
Neon Textures: Koga73
Beautifully Crafted MS Paint Textures: Black Parade
FRG Memes: Unpoke
A voice line: Kuro
Lyrus room + Something else....: BrassX
Boss Music: Acceptance by Ridiculon

Screenshots in spoiler
The map layout can be confusing and overwhelming at first, but after a couple rounds the map is easily navigable

Downloads and versions
There are 4 different versions of the map, Each version has content limited.
(Compressed and Uncompressed versions are located inside each Google Drive link)

Standard Map - https://drive.google.com/open?id=16aqcjBCL6cfGRv6ZsEaSfBl3RL2CMLpz
All content that was made is inside the map.

Low Resolution Reflection Map - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sENEXwo_qlK-kB8OMPUETsEdrAUqmuzz
All Content that was made is inside the map, cubemaps are set to the default resolution (64x64)

Low Res Music-Free Map - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L0WNj8AyqaZ78KlckrSAXQp_K2pxkY86
All music removed from the map (besides boss music), cubemaps are set to the default resolution (64x64)

Workshop Version -https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1435811291
This version is just the same as Low Res Music-Free Version, but with broken cubemaps, don't use this.

I recommend the Standard map version, only because the map looks great with high detailed reflections, and the music can already be disable by using stopsound

moneyman is betr kepa

This is actually really cool! Great work!
Umpty Dumpty
Find

I really like the brightness on this one, looks like it would be a really fun map to have on the server Big Grin
JuicyBoxer
St.Jimmy
Dumpweed
AnthemPartThree
Murph
Debaser

i need to stop doing this
Find

I've had one hell of a time with this map whether it testing or coming up with different ideas for the map and how certain aspects of the map could affect gameplay.

This all began with one idea idea of a 5x5 map with buildings consisting of different heights connected at various points, but it has evolved to much more than that.
This map is the result of the best ideas from both Black Parade and I, all the best and worst times from our collective experiences playing this game and different maps, and our own personal additions here and there.

Kuriosity was designed for players to find creative ways to play it. The "thinking outside the box" mindset is rewarded in many ways through gameplay.

The intention behind it has always been a fun TTT map for everyone to play, regardless of your role or experience in the gamemode.
It has got a very creative map design that inspires players to interact more with surroundings to discover new rooms, hidden shortcuts, or a few bonuses around the map.
There's also plenty of easter eggs and rewards around the map, many FRG inspirations are around the map, it's very much a homegrown project.

A giant thank you to all testers and Black Parade for his amazing work.
A giant thanks to the community. I hope everybody has their curiosity peaked by the map and enjoy playing it as much as everyone did contributing to it.
Find

GIANT MAZE MAP WHEN
(also, your maps are always legendary-tier. no, wait, primordial-tier. best stuff man.)
Find

(07-09-2018, 08:36 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I hope everybody has their curiosity peaked by the map and enjoy playing it as much as everyone did contributing to it.

the fuck is wrong with u
use the god damn pun next time
god that was such an easy joke just missed

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(07-09-2018, 12:39 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(07-09-2018, 08:36 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I hope everybody has their curiosity peaked by the map and enjoy playing it as much as everyone did contributing to it.

the fuck is wrong with u
use the god damn pun next time
god that was such an easy joke just missed

I didn't want to smack everyone with a name drop of the most obvious pun in the entire world, it gave me too many cringe vibes

Also who said it was supposed to be named curiosity, it could easily be named Kuro City instead

See you guys in Kuro's City!!
Find

(07-09-2018, 08:36 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I hope everybody has their KURIOSITY peaked by the map and enjoy playing it as much as everyone did contributing to it.

ftfy

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Thank you everyone for your comments! I hope it plays great in the server!

It was fun creating this map with the 5x5 restriction, I learned a ton of new things with the Hammer Editor!

(07-09-2018, 08:36 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I didn't want to smack everyone with a name drop of the most obvious pun in the entire world, it gave me too many cringe vibes

Also who said it was supposed to be named curiosity, it could easily be named Kuro City instead

See you guys in Kuro's City!!

to put some insight, "Kuro City" was the first name I gave it. Kuro didn't like the name so he thought of "curiosity". Sense this was Kuro's map, I suggested "Kuriosity", this became the final name for the map.
Find