Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Which would you be interested in? (Multiple votes).
Yes to potentially all.
No to everything listed.
Yes to Suggestion #1.
Yes to Suggestion #2.
Yes to Suggestion #3.
Yes to Suggestion #4.
No to Suggestion #1
No to Suggestion #2
No to Suggestion #3
No to Suggestion #4
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Market limit on crates.

I have a few propositions here, and I'm sure that nobody will like any of them.  So, it seems a bit silly that people can trick oblivious players into paying far more than the actual value for an item. Crates, for example, don't exactly have a market average and especially time-limited ones seem a bit silly when sold on the marketplace. I noticed this today, because I sold a shitton of easter eggs for around 600 each, something I did not expect, and it got me thinking...Couldn't there be a sort of limiter in place for this?

My first suggestion would be a price limiter. I.E: You can't market a crate, any crate, for more than 2x its coin shop price. People could still stock up on limited-time crates and sell them later on for profit, but people couldn't put them in for ridiculous amounts.

My second suggestion would be just making crates un-marketable. People could still sell them manually, so trading crates would still be a thing. I don't really like this idea, though; it loses a lot of convenience (But it is an option).

Another choice could be that there is a limit to crates you can put on the market, or, rather, a limit to stack size of -anything-. I.E: You could sell a few items, but trying to list 600 Survive Tickets wouldn't work. -ALTERNATIVELY-, there could be extra market tax on posting excess amounts of items. I.E: More than 10 stacked items would cause the posting price to increase, even if a small amount. This could drain money from the economy.

A fourth very minor fix is that the "Rarity" value of crates could be removed; people may look at a crate that is labelled "Primordial" and instinctively think they're going to get something of equal value, when the case (no pun intended) is far, far from that.

Or, it could be left as it is, and nothing would be changed. I don't like this, because I feel like this system is simply in place to low-key shark new players, oblivious or desperate players. I personally prefer the first suggestion, because people can still get "Profit" from long-term investments, but they couldn't ridiculously rip people off. #4 would be the most passive change.

So, it seems a bit silly that people can trick oblivious players into paying far more than the actual value for an item

I really like the idea of suggestion number one.
It allows for the part of the economy to continue to exist for people who like to spend coins on crates during an event with the means of doubling their profit afterwards, but while making it so that 1) new people dont feel its a good way to spend their coins and lose half their value, 2) you dont end up with a surplus of a type of crate well after an event has finished, and 3) still allowing people to survive and thrive off of this method.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

Let the market economy thrive you communist go back to french canada where you belong.

Four is the only one I could really agree with. It is pretty baity to have certain crates at primordial, yet they drop the same if not worse stuff than say a common crate, enhancable compared to tidal for example.

Also, the last few limited time crates have been untradeable if bought from the shop for this very reason, to prevent people from getting a bunch of stacks of a crate to just sell them for massive profit after.
Find

I personally believe the free-market economy is the only way to go about creating a stable player-based market, otherwise it would be up to developers/Brassx to have to "balance" pricing in a way that's fair and constantly make sure a crate is "worth it," when we have a perfectly good playerbase that could automatically do that.
I do agree crate rarities are a little weird though and should maybe not exist outside of the Djinn as well as the upcoming "Flashback Crate". Maybe a form of flavortext stating said crate is out of commission could make up for it.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Damn FUCKING commies. I didn't fight in Nam for this! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Disagree with option one, I think people should be able to sell anything for any price they want, they get taxed on it so regardless it's fine

Option 2 is already in affect for most things coming out now thankfully, the easter eggs that are tradeable are only ones obtained via boss drops/lyrus, anything bought from the coinshop is not. I support it fully.

Disagree with 3 based on reasoning with the first one

I agree with 4 very strongly, there is no reason the enhancable crate II should be primordial rarity, all it does is trick newer players into stupidly wasting all their coins and quitting.
There was two cases last month where new players after a few days of playing had enough money to purchase something worthwhile on the market, they both spent all of their coins buying an enhancable II for an exorbitant amount and both got an unlikely from it. It's a huge noob trap and is negatively impacting new players.
Changing the rarity on crates only purchasable via coinshop is a very reasonable thing to do.
Find

But Terran, weren't you the one who had the Vanity Crate up on the market for like 999,999?

Anyway, I think it's fine the way it is. It's the people's fault for buying it in the first place. Also the Eco Update is coming with the new djinn that has the limited time godlikes in it which is probably why people buy these crate from the market.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(04-30-2018, 08:52 PM)Hala Wrote:  But Terran, weren't you the one who had the Vanity Crate up on the market for like 999,999?

Anyway, I think it's fine the way it is. It's the people's fault for buying it in the first place. Also the Eco Update is coming with the new djinn that has the limited time godlikes in it which is probably why people buy these crate from the market.

He had it up for 9999, when I said I was going to buy it he removed it.
10k coins back in the day used to be like 1m is today, he never intended for anyone to buy it he only had it up there to show it off considering it was supposed to be untradeable anyway.

The problem with that theory is that nobody who is buying them is an older player who would be buying them for that reason, it's all newer inexperienced players.
There should be no problem changing the rarity of the crates either way it would not impact the chances on the crate just the way they are perceived by newer players.
Find