Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blast from the past crate

Pets? Like the current ones on the server or an actual fucking pet that kills people for you?
[/quote]

Pets on ntg went into the passive slot like crystals.

We had some pretty cancer ones.

Elk that gave you a huge speed buff on damage taken
Croc that had up to a 50% chance to kill anyone who killed you when you were a T (THATS THE FUCKING NERFED VERSION, IT USED TO WORK 100% OF THE TIME AND WORKED WHEN YOU WERE INNO)
Turtle that make shield bubbles spawn on you when you were hit.
Sabertooth that literally had up to a 1 in 2 to save you from death, sacrificing once per round.

Also I'd like to see this, While I'm not going to suggest it myself as it was Goldenguy's (Who plays here now) idea I'd like to link his thread.
The D20, I'd like a variation of this.
http://nexttiergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=26297
Find

(04-25-2018, 07:56 PM)Kuro Wrote:  There's way too much OP things that could not work in this server without changing it completely and a lot of the things coming in would need nerfs, and way too much garbage that needs to not be introduced in general.

I do like the idea of taking the best parts of NTG though. The most memorable uniques or certain gun types.

Things that need to be absolutely eradicated and expunged from the face of the earth:

pets
prop suffixes
dragon fireballs
literally anything that phish had any part in needs to be stuffed into a rocket and shot into the sun

Things that can be added

Assassinator
Kusanagi
DoW
Deus Litem (at least the model)
NINJA PACKS PLEASE DO

Tfw no dragon fireball but yes to kusanagi, nice meme
Find

(04-25-2018, 09:25 PM)Vhoxel Wrote:  
(04-25-2018, 07:56 PM)Kuro Wrote:  There's way too much OP things that could not work in this server without changing it completely and a lot of the things coming in would need nerfs, and way too much garbage that needs to not be introduced in general.

I do like the idea of taking the best parts of NTG though. The most memorable uniques or certain gun types.

Things that need to be absolutely eradicated and expunged from the face of the earth:

pets
prop suffixes
dragon fireballs
literally anything that phish had any part in needs to be stuffed into a rocket and shot into the sun

Things that can be added

Assassinator
Kusanagi
DoW
Deus Litem (at least the model)
NINJA PACKS PLEASE DO

Tfw no dragon fireball but yes to kusanagi, nice meme

I feel like you don't remember kus as well as I do.

Kusanagi mp5 godlike when
Find

shitigami and obv everyones favorite "the wind"

Ok lets add those pets, but as cosmetics instead. I feel like a crate with 50+ items would be so cool!
Bouncy Rounds

I'm kinda torn here. On one hand some of the items on NTG were really fun and not op, a lot of the lower tier unique like glacius, vulcan, sogeki, stuff like that. (and i'd love to see a return of borks Smile ) but the idea of morphing NTG with FRG kinda puts a bad taste in my mouth and a lot of it wouldn't be warmly welcomed by quite a few people.. I don't really think we need to associate more with NTG. I think everyone saw what a shitshow it became. If we're throwing in NTG items i'd say we don't add anything other than some older uniques maybe and some of the older higher tier uniques in a heavily nerfed form, but nothing extreme.
Find

I don't think I'd add 'direct copies' of NTG items, but tributes to some of the favorites that I've made. As in, use their weapon type and re-worked ability possibly.

Again though, you guys don't seem to understand, if I were to ever add actual 'prop suffixes' they would work MUCH differently. People hated them because they were OP and instantly killed, I could easily stop that and make them do a static amount of damage, and fire at a steady velocity with a fixed 'drop curve'. It would open up an extremely easy to make pool of global suffixes/traits for weapons to have, hell, the suffixes themselves could determine the damage of the prop upon roll. So "Has a 1 in x chance to shoot a melon that will deal x damage on hit."

It really wouldn't be too different than shooting a bullet aside from it having a travel time. It could have a cooldown, do fixed damages, not instant kill anyone, etc. You guys make it out to be some absolute 'cancer' thing. But why if most of the things people hated about them could be fixed? We have prop suffixes at their core already though, disguised as fancy particle attacks..

If I'll be honest though, I didn't mind prop suffixes at first. I made it as a joke, not to be taken seriously. Melon God was some REALLY funny stuff when it was new. Someone dying to a watermelon was pretty funny, and some of the long range prop shots were hilarious to see too. I think it helped some people take things less serious too. Some of you were super enraged by it, but you still stuck around for quite sometime and dealt with it.

Least I never made an explosive barrel one *cough* Smile.

I didn't like prop guns because while beams and fireballs were one thing, shooting wieners out of a gun got ridiculous. More-so with them being so common and "Coveted", everybody seemed to have a prop gun of a sort and it really lost its interest. Its almost as terrible of an idea as a shotgun that shoots FUCKING KNIVES. If you implemented it, I'd prefer to see it in a unique gun, rather than a universal suffix. Just adds one more thing to the roll table of "Is this gun worthless, or worth everything?" which sorta bothers me from time-to-time. Though, you could always make, say, a gun that shoots bouncy balls 100% of the time. That'd be funny.
Find

Ok, can we have the crafting system too with exotic metal fragments and xssarb metal fragments.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

BRING BACK THE SHINIGAMI!
Find